Add folder monitored to scheduler automatically.

Hello,

I think this idea would save everyone that uses scheduler a lot of time.

When adding a folder to the scheduler, have the folder, or the file as the case maybe, automatically added to the "Triggers" tab. It's my guess that over 90% of the time the folder monitored will be the folder being uploaded, if not, then the user can always go and change it.

This will save time instead of hunting the folder path down every time you add a folder to the scheduler.

Another thing we don't have access to is the ability to set, for example "one way with delete" after the item has been added to the scheduler.

Finally, when you choose to edit a remote file using SmartFPT, then close the file, the file stays in the scheduler. The file's scheduler should be removed when the file tab is closed in SmartFTP.

Thanks,
Tas

>Another thing we don't have access to is the ability to set, for example "one way with delete" after the item has been added to the scheduler.
You can change the transfer queue item properties. Go to the Actions dialog, right-click on the Queue action, select Properties. Click on the "Transfer Queue Item Properties" button.

>Finally, when you choose to edit a remote file using SmartFPT, then close the file, the file stays in the scheduler. The file's scheduler should be removed when the file
>tab is closed in SmartFTP.
SmartFTP doesn't know when the file is being closed, hence it stays in the Scheduler until SmartFTP is closed or until the user removes it manually.

>>Another thing we don't have access to is the ability to set, for example "one way with delete" after the item has been added to the scheduler.
>You can change the transfer queue item properties. Go to the Actions dialog, right-click on the Queue action, select Properties. Click on the "Transfer Queue Item Properties" >button.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

>>Finally, when you choose to edit a remote file using SmartFPT, then close the file, the file stays in the scheduler. The file's scheduler should be removed when the file
>>tab is closed in SmartFTP.
>SmartFTP doesn't know when the file is being closed, hence it stays in the Scheduler until SmartFTP is closed or until the user removes it manually.
That's a pity. Oh well, just thought it would be a nice feature to have. I don't edit that many files directly anyway so that's ok.

What about the initial recommendation I posted? Chance of SmartFTP automatically adding the folder to the Trigger->Monitor box?

Thanks

I do not think its a good idea to add a (disabled) monitor by default.

Any interest in adding an option to enable it?

It's a bit of a hassle to go to Triggers -> New -> Monitor -> Folder -> Find Path -> OK-OK-OK every time someone wants a folder monitored. The old way of monitoring folders was much more streamlined.

Any final thoughts?