Enable multi part as a default setting

I download files daily through SmartFTP - very large ones. Each time I download these files, I have to set the Properties for that group to the number of multi parts I want.

Enhancement request:
In the settings dialog, make it so that I can say "Enable multi part transfers by default" and then have the default number of parts setting right next to it.

Right now the current path is:
1) Put files in transfer queue
2 Hit Stop so they don't download as one part
3) Right click, go to Properties
4) Click on Advanced Tab
5) Enable multi part transfers
7) Select the number of parts I want
8) Close
9) Re-start queue.

With the default setting added, I could instead:
0) Configure setting ONCE
1) Put files in transfer queue.

Something like that has been planned.

Something like that has been planned.

Hi Mat,

Is there a time-frame when this feature will be implemented?

Cheers,
Chris

No eta. There hasn't been much demand for such an option.

There may not be much demand for it that you are hearing, but you have at least two customers who have taken the time to register on this forum and post. I don't believe the effort for adding this feature to the Settings area is large at all. I currently connect to a server that requires me to use concurrent sessions to maximize the full pipe and I can't change that aspect.

Hi Mat,

This is a really important feature to me and a few others on this forum (and possibly countless others who lurk this forum without posting). I'd really appreciate if you gave it a higher priority than you have in the past.

Thanks heaps in advance

Cheers,
Chris

I third this feature. It's very important to me as well. So much to the fact I was going to register just to say it, but whilst doing so apparently I already had registered a long time ago for some long begotten reason... point is, it's important in this day in age where speed is key when it comes to internet. It makes or breaks companies and applications. Please implement it Thanks.

Hi Mat,

This is a really important feature to me and a few others on this forum (and possibly countless others who lurk this forum without posting). I'd really appreciate if you gave it a higher priority than you have in the past.

Thanks heaps in advance

Cheers,
Chris

I agree with the above for an implementation. Although I always start the downloads after I have added them to the Queue, therefore I don't have to stop/start the transfer in order for the Multi Parts to commence as I select the parts before starting the transfers.

I agree because sometimes I forget to use Multi Part and it would save me precious seconds that add up over time. The current way is too cumbersome and I'm annoyed every time I have to go through the steps as described by nicw. Seems silly but it is the ease of use and speed that I'm after. Put files in transfer queue, press Start. No fuss, no worries man.

Now, how long before we see it? My maintenance period expired on March 30, 2011 but I'll happily re-new only if this feature is added. Version 4.0.1176.0 is running perfecto on all my systems and I'm sure will continue for the next year or more. Steady as she goes.

Take my money please. Awaiting your reply.

We have listened to you and have added this feature. It will be available with the next build of SmartFTP (ETA: ~week)

What is the typical file size for which you enable multi part transfers? This threshold can be configured and is currently at 100MB by default.

We have listened to you and have added this feature. It will be available with the next build of SmartFTP (ETA: ~week)

What is the typical file size for which you enable multi part transfers? This threshold can be configured and is currently at 100MB by default.

This is great news! Thanks to the SmartFTP dev team for implementing, and for other users to point out the desirability of this feature.

To answer your question, 100MB sounds like a suitable default for me. Thank you.

Yes \o/ 100MB sounds like the perfect starting point.

And you shall have my money. I'll happily hold up my end of the bargain, I've just now renewed for 2-yrs, thanks for listening.

SmartFTP is almost complete IMO, now if only you can find the time to add synchronization when scrolling the Remote/Local browser (as an option/as needed). Helps a lot when doing a comparison.

Another happy customer right here.

The new version is available now: https://www.smartftp.com/download/

Good stuff, thank you. I'll give it a go later today. Any input on my other suggestion of synchronized scrolling when doing a Visual Compare? Something like what xzy does with directory comparison.

If need be, I can make a new thread about synchronized scrolling. Just let me know.

Thank you again for the Multi Part implementation default setting.

@Purgatory: Please create a new thread with a description of the requested feature. This will give other customers a way to show their interest and vote for this enhancement.

@Purgatory: Please create a new thread with a description of the requested feature. This will give other customers a way to show their interest and vote for this enhancement.

I will do just that. Thank you.

You have done an excellent implementation of the Multi Part, works as advertised. I wondered if it would be a universal setting or per site, I like that it is the latter.

The new version is available now: https://www.smartftp.com/download/

Hi Mat,

Thanks heaps for implementing the MultiPart settings. You're a star!!!

Cheers,
Chris