Visual Compare with Touch instead of MDTM

Hi,

My provider does not support MDTM command to set time and date. I can only read the time and date information.
Because of this the visual compare tool is useless.

A solution could be the use of the php command TOUCH to set the time and date when uploading if it is not possible with MDTM.
With ! a command like TOUCH can be performed on the server.

I would really like it if smartftp could implement this. I need the visual compare functionality and for what i can see on the forum
a lot of other people have the same problem like me with MDTM command.

Thanks!

Ask your web hosting provider to install an FTP server which allows setting the date/time of files. Alternatively use SFTP over SSH to access the server.
Your proposed solution is unrealistic.

Ask your web hosting provider to install an FTP server which allows setting the date/time of files. Alternatively use SFTP over SSH to access the server.
Your proposed solution is unrealistic.

According to my web host provider MDTD is supported in the standard way. Only with the use of extensions MDTD command can set time and dates. By itself it
can only read a time and date. They also tell me that most providers in the netherlands do not support the MDTD command with extension to set time and date.
I ask several providers. They all run PLESK which only supports the standard MDTD command.

All these providers give the same solution. The FTP client should implement support for the PHP command TOUCH to set time and date. According to them its easy
to implement because there already exists a function ( the exclamation mark !) to execute commands on the server.

And for what i understand is that smartftp has already support for TOUCH. I read something about it in the version change info (19 june??).

You have been misinformed. The "modern" command to set the filetime is MFMT which is for example supported by proftpd which works with Plesk.

I still hope you can find a workaround for this problem. Until now i am not able the find a single webhost in the netherlands which supports MDTM or MFMT to set the time or date of files. I still think that TOUCH command is the solution because they do all support PHP. I really need this feature.