Separate Transfer Cues - Up and Down

Uploading and downloading are two different operations. On our connection, the upload and download bandwidths are independent. Why can't the transfer cue run, say, four uploads and three downloads, with separate speed control, separate quantity of operations, etc? It would approximately halve our time for big operations - we use SmartFTP to synchronize multiple locations, multiple backups, and remote workers, so this would dramatically improve our performance.

Just seems obvious to me.

Is there a reason why it can't work?

T.

There is a workaround:
1. Create 2 favorites for the same server (One you use for uploads, the other one you use for downloads)
2. Then set the number of workers in the favorite properties. For the favorite you use for uploads set it to 4. For the favorite you use set it to 3.
3. Set the speed limits in the favorite properties
5. Set the number of total workers in the transfer queue to 7 or higher.

Regards,
Mat

it would seriously be helpful if on the transfer que, you could set the number of Upload workers, and the number of Download workers, then the KBps for each. This would make the most sense.

You can already set the number of individual workers per favorite item. Plus you can limit the KBps/Worker for each favorite.

Uploading and downloading are two different operations. On our connection, the upload and download bandwidths are independent. Why can't the transfer cue run, say, four uploads and three downloads, with separate speed control, separate quantity of operations, etc? It would approximately halve our time for big operations - we use SmartFTP to synchronize multiple locations, multiple backups, and remote workers, so this would dramatically improve our performance.

Just seems obvious to me.

Is there a reason why it can't work?

T.

Sounds like you know what you are doing; I am just back after a computer crash. Everything works except I can't get the newly copied file to transfer. I just get a succession of these. Do you know how I can prod it along? rgds buzzer:

[14:25:20] NOOP
[14:25:20] 200 NOOP command successful