Save sources/destinations for Multi-upload on exit

Wouldn't it be neat if SmartFTP could save the added sources/destinations for multi-upload?

I'm using the same destinations everyday, just different sources.

Thanks!

Daniel

Hello Daniel ..

Yes something like this is planned. Do you want to save the source/destination individiually or together?

Regards,
Mat

Personally, I would like to see that they are left (saved) as they were. Both sources and destinations.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello Daniel ..

Yes something like this is planned. Do you want to save the source/destination individiually or together?

Regards,
Mat

Hmm

Isn't this already the case for you? The source/destination contents are automatically saved to a .dat file located in the %AppData%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ folder

Regards,
Mat

Oh - I see now that they are. But, Ive experienced a lot of crashes during multi-uploads and then I've always lost the source/destinations. Are they only written to disk on a normal exit? Not continuously?

I have to get that debug thingy you mentioned.

Hmm

Isn't this already the case for you? The source/destination contents are automatically saved to a .dat file located in the %AppData%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ folder

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Yes they are only saved on a normal exit.

Regards,
Mat

It wouldn't really hurt the performance if you wrote them to file upon adding/removing , or would it? That would hlp alot as I see SmartFTP is not currently as stable as it should be .

Btw. Thanks for a great support!

Hello ..

Yes they are only saved on a normal exit.

Regards,
Mat

I would rather prefer to take a look at the crash dump why SmartFTP is crashing. Do you think it is possible that you can send us a crash dump?

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Installaling the debug software now ...Will come back with a dump soon ...

I would rather prefer to take a look at the crash dump why SmartFTP is crashing. Do you think it is possible that you can send us a crash dump?

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Thanks.

A manual save/load system for Multi-upload wouldn't be a bad idea but for me its no rush.

Individually would be nice.

Hello Daniel ..

Regards,
Mat

Agreed... That way we can recall different groups of destinations for different projects.

SmartFTP, How is this feature doing? It's been a couple of years since this request. I just browsed through my "Professional" version and didn't see a way to save the Multi Upload destinations.

Hello Daniel ..

Regards,
Mat

You can already save the contents from the multi upload pane. But you cannot save the source/destination items individually.

Found it.. the load and save icons on the Multi Upload window.

But, when I load a Multi Upload.dat file... nothing is loaded. ???

The Default.dat had my last Multi Upload files. But the newly saved one is empty.

Any ideas?

No. In the multi upload pane, there is a load/save button in the toolbar.

It's behaving strangely. I figured out that the default.dat must be what is saved when you exit SmartFTP. But when saving "Save, Save As, Save Copy To..." It seems like it's writing to multiple files. I have 3 Multi Upload saves and when saving, they all go from 14k to 3k. Like they were all overwritten.

What's the difference in the 3 Saves? I would think that Save would simply save the current file that you have open. (how do you know which file you have open?) Then what is the diffference between Save As and Save Copy to...?

Thanks for helping to clear this up...

Mark

Save Copy To: Save a copy to a file but keeps the current open file
Save As..: Saves a copy and change the current file to saved one

Think of it like a document in a text editor.

Example:

1. Add 2 files to the left pane that will be copied out.
2. Add 3 destinations to the right pane.
3. Choose "Save As"
4. Name it and save
5. Click "Load"
6. In the browse dialog, you'll see that the file is 18kb
7. Highlight it, and click Open... all is good so far
8. Clear out the Source and Destination areas
9. Add a single destination in the right pane
10. Add a single file in the source pane
11. Click "Save As"
12. In the dialog, you'll already see that the first file saved in step 3 is now 7kb
13. Name the new file and click "Save"

Now try and load the first file, then the second file. Do they load the proper setups?

It's the correct behavior. If you want to save a copy use "Save Copy To..."