Simple alert on Queue Complete

I love the On Queue Complete feature but how about a simple alert window as one of the options? I do a lot of uploading of entire web sites which can take a while, and typically when I start the upload I go write the e-mail notifying my client it's up, then go work on something else, leaving the e-mail open until it's done. Currently I have it set to "Quit" so that I get an alert but then if I don't respond quickly enough SmartFTP quits. I leave it on Quit because one time I left it on Shut Down by mistake which obviously was pretty annoying. Not a huge deal but probably not that hard to implement, either.

On the same topic, how about a setting for a default Queue Complete action that it would reset to on each launch of the program. That way if I have a really large upload to leave overnight I could set it to "Shut Down" and then the next time I use SmartFTP it would revert to "Quit" or whatever automatically.

I don't even think you'd have to change the Settings that much to do this, currently changing the Action in the Transfer Queue also changes the setting in the Settings window -- if you just change it so that the setting from the Transfer Queue does not change the master setting, and the Transfer Queue gets set to whatever the setting is in the Settings window every time the program starts you'd be done -- then changing the Transfer Queue would only change it for that one Queue and it would revert to default for the next session.

Hello Tom ..

What kind of alert would you prefer? Message Box that is just focused when the transfer queue completes? The same message box including the time we have for the other options (Shutdown etc)? Or a notification in the systray?

In the Email settings of the Transfer Queue you can instruct SmartFTP to send an email to yourself after the queue completes. This might be an option for you until we implement the above message box.

I think your idea with the master setting is too confusing because it is not clear what setting is actually affected. But I agree with you something that only temporary sets the on queue complete action would be preferable. Any other ideas?

Regards,
Mat

Thanks for the fast response, I can't believe you already updated.

The only comment I have is that both disappear after a certain amount of time, pesonally having either stick around until I dismiss them would be better, that way if I start a transfer and go out for lunch, the notice is still up when I get back. But this is great.

I think your idea with the master setting is too confusing because it is not clear what setting is actually affected. But I agree with you something that only temporary sets the on queue complete action would be preferable. Any other ideas?

I think just having the Queue setting from the transfer queue window not change the master setting would do it. What if you did that and then changed the labels in the master Settings window so that the section containing these options is called "On Application Start" instead of "Options" so it's clear that both options inside that section will be applied at each launch, and then change the current "On Application Start" label to "Queue State", then it would be saying "On Application Start, Queue State will be set to _____ and Queue Complete Action will be set to ____".

Thanks again for the response and the update.

Hello Tom ..

The newest version has 2 different Message Boxes. One without a timer (never disappears) and one with a timer:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
Mat

That's awesome, thanks! I'll be putting that to good use tomorrow.