2.5 version and binary /ascii transfer

Hi,

Not really an enhancement, I have just upgraded to 2.5 from version 2.0 and now find it a real pain to change from auto to Binary / Ascii transfer mode.

It was easier when this option was in the Tools - Settings rather than having to open up Favourites, select the "favourite" ... properties and then change the transfer mode.

I use this setting all the time and it is a lot slower to do on the latest version of SmartFTP than on previous versions. Personally I would like a little drop down menu on the main ftp control panel to allow me to change mode of transfer in just one click as I need to upload 2-3 files in binary while the rest is fine using auto transfer mode.

If anyone knows of a quicker way to change tranfer mode please let me know, thanks.

Richard

When using direct transfers you can use the ascii/binary button in the toolbar. For transfers over the queue you need change the option in the favorite. However when you search the forum for ascii/binary related topics you will find a lot of comments from me recommending to only use the binary transfer mode. Almost any text editor today can handle line endings transparently.

Regards,
Mat

When using direct transfers you can use the ascii/binary button in the toolbar. For transfers over the queue you need change the option in the favorite. However when you search the forum for ascii/binary related topics you will find a lot of comments from me recommending to only use the binary transfer mode. Almost any text editor today can handle line endings transparently.

Regards,
Mat

Hi Mat

Thanks again - I now see the toolbar commands for this.

Regards