Linux Version

Why not make a linux version?
This would help a lot of users, since there isnt any linux FTP clients around.
I myself have a linux computer, and a windows one, And Use both for website editing.

Would it be possible to make it in linux?

Would it be possible to make it in linux?
No. Please search the forum for one of the other Mac OS X / Linux requests to learn why.

I also like to see a linux (or at least a crossplatform) version.
No. Please search the forum for one of the other Mac OS X / Linux requests to learn why.
That's a really good answer (not). This answer you also gave in x, a post more then a year old (and to know the answer why, i've to digg deeper and older). Maybe things are changed now?
A topic with a request for linux have always 1000+ readers. So there's plenty interest for it.
- edit: a, i found the answer in a topic from 2004 (in that days Linux was just only for nerds ... nowadays you can sell a PC with Linux at the Wallmart store...). And whats the answer in that topic from 2004 ..? Look at the KB ... okay ... what can we read there?
Do you support Linux, OS/2 or Macintosh operating systems?

SmartFTP only supports Microsoft Windows operating systems. There are no plans to support anything else at this time due to limited development resources.
Mmmm ... maybe coding next time in a crossplatform language

Maybe things are changed now?
Unless you've rewritten SmartFTP from scratch behind our backs, no.

Mmmm ... maybe coding next time in a crossplatform language
It's not about the programming language (SmartFTP is written in C++), but about the APIs for networking, GUI, file I/O etc. that SmartFTP uses. None of the used APIs exist unter Linux. So making SmartFTP work under Linux would basically mean to write a whole new application, not easy porting of an existing one. And given the fact that due to it's Open Source nature hardly any Linux user would be willing to pay for an FTP Linux client, that's just does not make sense.