F5 - Auto Refresh of a directory

I really like SmartFTP as it is so flexible. One aspect however, that I constantly deal with are files from other people that are being uploaded to an ftp site. I have to monitor a remote directory as new files are being uploaded, and currently hitting the F5 key is the only way to see when a file has completed.

I would like to have SmartFTP offer an option that automatically refreshes a remote folder, such that if a new file appears in that directory, then SmartFTP will display the size growth without forcing the user to constantly hit the F5 key to see the growth.

Hello ..

The server does not notify the FTP client of new files in a directory. However there is a way to configure SmartFTP to refresh the directory every 30 seconds. Go to the favorite settings then go to the Connection -> Keep Alive dialog. Remove the NOOP command from the list and add LIST. Click OK and connect to your FTP site.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

The server does not notify the FTP client of new files in a directory. However there is a way to configure SmartFTP to refresh the directory every 30 seconds. Go to the favorite settings then go to the Connection -> Keep Alive dialog. Remove the NOOP command from the list and add LIST. Click OK and connect to your FTP site.

Regards,
Mat
Wow! this works great! Thanks for such a quick response too. Case Closed!

~Atldsl