Please get rid of this

I recently upgraded from 2.0 to 2.5, and everything is great except for this:

In 2.0, I could Right Click in any white area and create a new folder, but in 2.5 this isn't the same, it is time consuming having to search for "NEW" when you have a directory with many folders:

Also related, and more annoying. Again, in the previous version I could drag and drop any file on to a white space to upload it. In 2.5, for large directories, you have to scroll all of the way down (Out of the way of subfolders) to drag and drop the upload otherwise it will automatically upload it in a subfolder, rather time consuming. I know it was done to mimic the Vista Interface more, but please change it back.

Thanks for the awesome program.

Hello ..

The behavior is due to the full row selection in the list control which is default on Windows Vista. I don't know of any setting in Windows Vista to change the full row selection. You may want to contact Microsoft to submit your suggestion.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Hello ..

The behavior is due to the full row selection in the list control which is default on Windows Vista. I don't know of any setting in Windows Vista to change the full row selection. You may want to contact Microsoft to submit your suggestion.

Regards,
SmartFTP
Hi

Thanks for the fast reply.

Is it necessary to work off of Vista's file explorer though? What was used in the 2.0 version? It worked fine with Vista - For me at least. It'd be nice to see an option to maybe select between the two or something.

I totally agree. I always found it easiest to click on the white area in order to upload files or folders. I've been using SmartFTP on Vista for months, and I just started having this problem today when I updated to 2.5. So...this isn't Vista's problem, something was changed in your newer versions that enabled this "full row selection". It's kind of annoying to upload files/folders now, so whatever your changed, please undo it, or at least provide an option to revert whatever is causing this. Thanks very much for your help and for the excellent ftp program.

The behavior is exactly the same as in Windows Explorer. If you don't like this behavior please contact Microsoft.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Could you at least tell us what you changed in 2.5 to enable this explorer-like behavior, and if it's at all possible to provide an option in future versions that modify this change? I liked how it worked before

Nevermind, If found a way around it. I just removed a couple of the column views that I don't need, and that way there's a big white area again for me to work with.

[EDIT]

Argh...that doesn't work. The next time you go back to that folder, or any other folder, the column widths resize so that it fills up the whole screen again, removing the big white space

[EDIT#2]

Woot! View > Auto Column Sizing, select By Contents

Nevermind, If found a way around it. I just removed a couple of the column views that I don't need, and that way there's a big white area again for me to work with.

[EDIT]

Argh...that doesn't work. The next time you go back to that folder, or any other folder, the column widths resize so that it fills up the whole screen again, removing the big white space

[EDIT#2]

Woot! View > Auto Column Sizing, select By Contents

Thanks,

Worked for me.

Yeah it works...but only for a little while

Every couple a days it seems to forget that I changed the Column Sizing option, and I have to change it all over again.

Hello ...

If you right-click into a non selected white area the "view" context menu appears. This has been changed a while back (see changelog for details).

Regards,
Mat