Multiple edit feature

Hello.

One thing that I love at SmartFTP is the remote edit.
It is really a dream come true.

Let's face it, you're not lasy if you work direcly on your server. You're just simplifying your work.
One disturbing thing is that I usually tend to edit multiple files at once (right now I have 4 files open).
So, in order to do this I must open 4 instances of the program (this also means opening 4 ftp connections at once).
I can live with that, but sometimes I had the permition to open just 1 ftp connection / user.
So I had to close the remote edit and reedit my files over and over. This is getting kind of annoying if you must edit many files.

What do I actually mean?
Well... it would be very nice if we could remote_edit multiple files within the same instance of the application (without having to open additional instances). I am not sure this is possible in the latest version.

Oh... and I forgot to mention

The "monitor local files" feature is not VERY useful.
Imagine that you are at a public computer. You can't possibly afford to first download all the files you need to edit, then use the "monitor local file feature" because it is very possible that you forget your files on that computer.

What I meant to say is that a simple right click should allow you to edit an additional file.

In my oppinion, the files that are currently edited should be automaticly placed in the transfer queue and should be automaticly sheduled as "monitor local files". So, after you finish your server side work, you don't have to manually delete the files, and of course you don't have to first download them in the first place.

I think that this feature will be a blessing for developers.

Hello ...

I think you are confused by the way the remote edit feature works. The function does the following:
- Downloads a file
- User can edit file
- Updated file is uploaded

This is the only way possible and there is no other way to directly edit a file on the server with the FTP/SFTP/HTTP protocols.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ...

I think you are confused by the way the remote edit feature works. The function does the following:
- Downloads a file
- User can edit file
- Updated file is uploaded

This is the only way possible and there is no other way to directly edit a file on the server with the FTP/SFTP/HTTP protocols.

Regards,
-Mat

Have you used Transmit before? It does all of this without messing around. Sadly it's mac only. SmartFTP is excellent apart from this lacking feature.