FTP Tree download

Hi.

On huge ftp servers (with many directories and sub directories) it is really difficult to look for or find files.

SmartFTP's "cached file and directory tree"-feature is a litle bit helpfully, but are there tools/utilities which can "download"/generate the whole directory and file tree and stor it to a (.txt) file?

So, I am looking for an utility which checks the root directory and stores each file/directory entry/listing to a .txt file.
After this, the utility should check the first, second, third, ... directory and stores each file/(sub)directory entry/listing to a .txt file.

...etc.

Does such an utility already exist?

If not, could such a feature ("generate whole FTP file and directory structure") be added to smartftp?

EDIT:
(Windows' FTP)
"FTP.exe > ftptreedump.txt" --> -aLR
... is a litle bit helpfully, but the format looks weird:

directory1

directory2

directory3

file1.ext

file2.ext

file3.ext

./directory1

file4.ext

./directory2

file5.ext

./directory3

subdirectory1

file6.ext

./directory3/subdirectory1

...etc

It would be great, if there is a better solution.

I agree in that I'd like to see this option in SmartFTP. The ability to download the entire tree and navigate offline would be useful. That way, you could set up an entire queue offline, and connect when it's convenient. I don't have much use for the textfile output you mention, but the ability to download the entire tree with one click is quite useful.