New > Create File

Well the title sais it! I'd like to see 'Create File' in the New menu. Would it be possible that such a function creates a simple file with nothing in it (after you enter the name of the file).

Thanks in advance!

I had the same idea some time ago. All the times I need to create some text files using ftp I always need to create a file first on my desktop and then transfer it using ftp before I can start working on it.

Would be nice to have :-)

add my vote for this one!
i was gonna post it if it wasn't already here..

idealy (imo), this command work like the New Folder command, only creating the file after a successful "rename" action. it would then creat a 1 byte file (hex 20, a single space) by invisibly uploading from a stream, this may be more reliable on FTP servers whose settings prevent zero-length uploads.

you really should add it. i make lots of sites. i really could have used that feature a while ago if it existed. i always have to use my host's online secure file manager to make files. it is a pain sometimes.

[center]PLEASE ADD THISSS[/center]

Is there an FTP client which allows you to do this?

Also why would you want to create an empty file?

Regards,
-Mat

Is there an FTP client which allows you to do this?

Also why would you want to create an empty file?

Regards,
-Mat

because many people use empty txt files to write desription of other files in folder or just signature like "by xxx"

Honestly we all know what kind of people use signatures like "by ....". Thus not a very good argument ;-)