Auto-match local and server view as you click

Ideally I would like SmartFTP to match the folders and files chosen in the Local view, so the Server view was always the same. If this is possible already, let me know! Here's what I mean exactly:

I connect to a site. Local folder view is set to something like "website\" (root) and Server view shows the ftp address, then domain name (root). Now let's say I open a local folder called "test". The local view switches to:

website\test\

But the Server view does nothing! So I then have to move to that and click on the same folder name there to open it. Now the server shows the same folder.

To navigate several folders deep means repeatedly opening the same folders in both the Local and Server views. My suggestion is to have a feature that opens exactly the same folders in both views as you click. This would save me masses of time, but I haven't seen it in any FTP program I've used over the years.

It would also prevent the situation where sometimes you upload a file to the wrong folder! I have done this, and been madly refreshing the browser, wondering why my new file didn't show up. Then I realised I hadn't moved to the same folder on the server.

I don't really see why this is useful / necessary? Why do you navigate to every single folder and to transfer files? Can't you just upload all files, folder and contained files and folders at once?

Moreover, this would be rather odd to implement. What if the folder structure on the server does not match the one on your local PC? And which "root" folder on your local PC should map to which "root" folder on your FTP? This can get arbitrarily ugly.

I agree that this would be a very good feature to have. Other FTP clients have it. It's very useful when browsing a local / remote site and you need to match last modification dates and upload / download only the modified files. Makes navigation much easier. Of course such feature could be turned on / off as desired. Please t ake this suggestion. I am a new user of SmartFTP and really like it. But it makes it difficult to use because of the lack of this feature, which is very useful for web programmers.

Wish one have it?

CuteFtp

Please install the latest SmartFTP version v2.0 Build 996.19

We have implemented a "Sync Navigation" feature. To enable it, enable the "Quick Transfer" toolbar and click on the "Sync Navigation" button.

Please let us know what you think.

Thank you.
Regards,
-Mat

We have implemented a "Sync Navigation" feature. To enable it, enable the "Quick Transfer" toolbar and click on the "Sync Navigation" button.

Thank you.
Regards,
-Mat

this button is disabled (greyed out) How does it become enabled?

Thank you.
Regards,
-Mat

ok i figured out that the folder being browsed needs to have the same name locally and remotely. This works well for most of the cases but for the most important one. Many times the root folder will have a different name locally then remotely.. Say locally i have a website's file stored on c:\websites\myhomepage\ and remotely stored at ..../httpdocs/ then this functionality becomes unusable... Do you think you can change this? so that the auto sync button is always enabled? thanks and regards