Tools-Setting to disable "Size" commands

I use your great application mostly on my Tivo (Linux based) systems.

Sometime this year you implemented enhancements to check fie integrity with the Size command.

On systems that don't support that command, this causes irritating error messages in the log

ie:
SIZE rc.sysinit.author
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.

And, in some cases, causes commands like "View file" to fail (if the cached directory size doesn't match the downloaded file size, and the size command is unsupported, it considers this an error and doesn't launch the view or edit application. I have to refresh the directory and try again to get it to work.)

I would like to request a setting option to disable the size command and make this work more like earlier versions of SmartFTP.

Thanks.

It's something we were thinking about as well. But most if not all problems are caused by buggy FTP servers which return the wrong size in the SIZE reply. Because I think the integrity check is a very important feature of an FTP client, I would rather seem the bugs being fixed on the server side.

-Mat

how i disable this "size" command, it gets reall annoying when uploading files
i always have to BE THERE and guard the upload as it will always return errors

can we all just have a nice peace quite time like in the old days where we just need to upload the file and care nothing more? if you are really insisting on this function then i suggest you make it optional for people like me to turn it off, thanks