Backup Manager Bug?

I've just installed SmartFTP 1.5 Build 990 (over the top of the previous release) and have noticed that the Backup Manager seems to be corrupting my SmartFTP settings.

I have my application and favourites folder set to D:My DocumentsMy FilesSmartFTP. When I run the Backup Manager and choose the Backup option the Favourites Folder details are "corrupted" (seemingly "random" symbols and characters) and the browse and next button are greyed out.

If I then exit (cancel) Backup Manager and start SmartFTP my Application and Folder paths have been reset to C:Documents and SettingsMichaelApplication DataSmartFTP!?!

I'm using Backup Manager v2.0.0.0 and I've tried both the one installed with SmartFTP and the standalone download you mention. Both seem to have the same problem. They don't seem to like my Application and Favourites folders in the location I have them. I don't ever recall having any problems with the older version of Backup Manager. Most odd... :?

Hi! I just grabbed the latest Dev Build (1.5.990.2 2005-08-25 04:11:02) and tried the Backup Manager again.

The Favourites Path displayed in the Backup Manager is not corrupted anymore and does not change to C:Documents and SettingsMichaelApplication DataSmartFTP.

However, simply running the Backup Manager and clicking Cancel on the first screen is enough to change my Application Path from D:My DocumentsMy FilesSmartFTP to C:Documents and SettingsMichaelApplication DataSmartFTP.

I think this has been fixed in the latest backup manager which is available at: https://www.smartftp.com/backup

Please give it a try.
Regards,
-Mat

Please also download the newest Backup Tool.

bkausbk

I tried SmartFTP Builds 1.5.990.2 and 1.5.990.4 with Backup Manager v2.0.0.1 and the problem with the Application Path and Favourites Path weirdness seems to have been fixed. Hurrah! Thanks guys!