Remote files can not be edited

When attempting to edite a file remotely the file downloaded and opened in the editor as expected. After some small changes were made (two lines added) the file would not upload back.

Procedure attempted:
In remote browser, right-click file. Select

The server returns permission denied for the SIZE command. This should not happen especially because the server announced support for the SIZE command in the FEAT reply.

-Mat

The server returns permission denied for the SIZE command. This should not happen especially because the server announced support for the SIZE command in the FEAT reply.

-Mat

Er... I don't actually understand a word of that after 'The'. Are you saying it is my web-host's fault? All I can answer is that I used to be able to edit files remotely on that host with the old SmartFTP build.

You can still edit the files with SmartFTP. Just ignore the "Transfer failed" message. SmartFTP is unable to verify whether the file has successfully been uploaded or not. The verification is a new feature in the 1.5 version and that's exactly the reason why the problem doesn't appear in older builds. We will write a work around in the form of a better error message, so users don't get confused by the "Transfer failed" message.

-Mat