global queue download creates undeletable folder

i'm not absolutely sure where to post this, if it belongs into public support, please move the post.

i downloaded files from my webspace in order to make a backup. i used the global queue for this. smartftp created the folders and downloaded the files.

now the problem: i can't delete the folders, i get "permission denied" instead.
- the computer rebooted since, so i am sure no program has a "lock" on some of the files.
- i am an administrator so it's not a permission problem (at least i am usually allowed to delete all i want).
- when right-clicking the folder and selecting properties, the "read only" box is checked. unchecking it doesn't help though - as soon as i open the properties box again, it is checked again. looks like the directories have the readonly attribute but windows is not able to remove it from them?
- i also tried dos/cmd attrib -r, but that didn't work either.
my guess is that smartftp maybe tried to copy attributes the site had to my downloaded files - but in a way that is not supported. i think the webspace is hosted on unix system, at least that is what its response (215 UNIX Type: L8 ) tells me. my local file system is ntfs5. the client used to download the files was 1.1.984, i don't know if it still happens with 1.1.985.

my main concern is: how the hell do i get rid of the files? :twisted:

Hello ...

SmartFTP runs under the user context of the user who is logged into windows. It does create the directories on your local drive with ::CreateDirectory function. No attributes are set. Thus there is something else which changed the attributes and security descriptors of your folders.
Regards,