Overwrite file validation bypass

While uploading a file to a folder with smartftp normally you'll get prompted when the file already exists. If you copy a file from one folder on the server to another folder containing a file with the same name using smartFTP, there wont be a prompt.

Repro

1. upload a file to one folder and wait for the file to complete
2. use smartFTP to copy the file from the first folder (step 1.) to a second folder already containing a file with the same name by dragging the file. (or upload a file with the same name into the second folder prior to copying)

Results
There wont be a prompt asking for overwriting the file, the file will however be overwritten immediately.

Expected results
There will be a prompt asking me to overwrite the file, or to cancel the current operation.

Hello ...

Im not sure if I can totally follow your instructions. If you use drag&drop in the remote window to MOVE a file on the same server, the file in the destination directory is overwritten without a prompt. Thats a flaw and it will be adressed in version 2.0.

If you upload or download a file however the file exist/overwrite dialog is displayed.

Hi mb,

I ment while moving on the same server. Didn't have much time earlier (was at work), so I appoligize for being not entirely clear.

I'll be looking forward to version 2.0 then, cudos on the quick reply