Error when use Global Queue to d/l

I am using SmartFTP 1.0.982
when I d/l files from FTP to a local drive
I put the files to Queue Source, and then drug and drop to Local Drive

The files will move from Queue Source to Qlobal Queue, but after I click "Start" to download, all files display error.
I check the error message, it said "No such host is known."
and the file that I try to d/l, for example, I want download the file to C:
but it's Destination is
c:///filename

I tried 1.0.981 and 1.0.980 before, I tried same steps but don't have any error.
Please tell me the new step if I want to use Queue to d/l
thx

Hi, what build of 982 are you ussing? if i don't renember bad a old build is know having that bug, and it's fixed on the last builds.

it's 1.0.982.15
I just download from www.smartftp.com yesterday

Try downloading the dev build from my signature and check if it's fixed.

I tried download the dev version from your signature. But the error still happen.

And I found a temporary solution.
After the file move from Queue Source to Global Queue.
I need drug and drop the file from Global Queue to the directory that I want to put the files once more.
The destination will become
file:///04%20filename
then it can d/l as normal

I too can confirm that the "Waiting to retry" problem exists when using the global queue. Enterprise's solution works, but I thought Mat would like to see my log:

257 "/" is current directory.
Resolving host name documents and settingsusernamedesktop...
No such host is known.

The .30 build does not fix the problem.

Thank you.

Can you give us step-by-step instructions what and how exactly you add the files/directories to the the global queue. Please be as precise as possible.

Thanks.
-Mat

Thanks for the quick reply Mat. And I can't thank you enough for SmartFTP!

Ok, here's how I grab files:
  • 1) I usually open a favorite and log in.
    2) Then I browse to the folder containing the files and/or folders I need and select them (by either shift- or ctrl-clicking them, or by dragging a box around the files and/or folders with the mouse).
    3) I then drag those marked files to the "Queue Source" tab, and hold the mouse there until the tab is activated.
    4) I drop the files on Queue Source file list area to add them.
    5) Then, I select all files in the Queue Source and either drag them to a folder in the "Local Folders" pane, or drag them to a folder on the desktop. All files are moved to the "Global Queue" tab and begin transferring immediately (I have the Global Queue set to automatically start when the program starts).
    • That's where I get the "Waiting to retry" error, and use Enterprise's temporary solution to get around it.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

I've found the bug. Its not easy to fix though. But should be done within 24h.

-Mat

Excellent!

Thanks so much for your great work and fast resolution to this problem, Mat! SmartFTP rules!!!