Bug after Install of Win. SP2

Hello.. i am a long time user of Smartftp... I just resentlly installed the Win. SP2 and can now not use the program at all..... this is REALLY FRUSTRATING... for i have many many websites to run with this program.....

The program seems to load fine... but when to try to enter a URL to enter a site the program locks up and doesnt respond.....

i thought it might be just my pc...... so i took one of my other pcs i have here and and formatted it and put a fresh OS on it of Win. xp..... NOTHING else installed... no firewalls or virus protections... PLain OS....

Everything worked fine as normal.....

Next step i proceeded with the Install of Win. SP2 Upgrade......

all installed,, the Firewalls and all new Protections are Disabled...

Again i have the same Issue,,, Smartftp Freezes on entry of a URL and doesnt respond and crashes..... CTRL_ALT_DEL...here we come :cry:

There Seems to be a major CONFLICT with Smartftp and (SOME PEOPLES) Computers that have installed the new Win. SP2 patch ........as i start browsing this forum I feel im not the only one having this issue thank god........

Please Investigate and post a patch please... i really need to use this program and hate to go buy another program from another fTP,,, yours is the best( till now......lol) :wink:

I downloaded smartftp recently and upgraded. It is still problem. It kills RAM memory alot and no response when I log in.

Deleting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSmartFTP may fix the problem too.

Thank you! I deleted "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSmartFTP". Now, smartftp works with windows xp pro sp2.