Drag / Drop from SmartFTP to Desktop = new folder SFTDrop

I've got this bug since .... a very long time on any PC I used under WinXP.
Is there any plan to work it out ?

normally, this only happens if "SmartHook.dll" is not properly registered, i.e. when installing smartftp and using drag & drop without rebooting before first use. open a command prompt at the directory whre you installed smartftp and type "regsvr32 SmartHook.dll". a dialog box should confirm successful registration. reboot and try again.

klappt zumindest bei windows xp:

Start->ausf

SmartFTP auto registers the SmartHook.dll (if found in the same directory as the SmartFTP.exe) on every startup.

It doesn't seem to autoregister on Win2000. I've experienced this on several win2000 computers. Manually using
regsvr32 smarthook.dll
causes this problem to stop.

What user are you running SmartFTP under?

Does it mean Drag and drop support work only for an admin account ? I'm using my computer with a regular account. I tried using "regsvr32 smarthook.dll" in the admin account, but drag and drop still don't work on my normal account.

Hello ...

An account with administrator privileges is required to install and register the SmartHook.dll
Once it's done all users are able to use the hook.

By design MS Windows Shell CopyHooks can only be installed and registered by a user with sufficient privileges to write into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key. Administrators have this privilege.