Bug in latest dev w/ site specific queue-threads

I have 2 sites for files in my download queue. 1 site has 2 logins max. the other has 1.

In my queue, i have this..

Site A: (1 connection)
files -> local
files -> site b

Site B: (2 connections)
files -> local

when i start the queue up (with the fxp @ the top) smartftp insists on opening 2 connections to Site A. Site B also is 1 over it's limit.

I hope it is easy to fix.

EgotisticalElf

What build number are you using?

I'm currently using 1.0.981.45 for my version.

I have taken a screenshot of the bug to further explain it.

The top site has a connection limit of 1
the bottom site has a limit of 2

when the queue starts, the top site starts out with 2 tries with connections
same with the bottom. (happens to be the system default limit)

when the top site connects, it starts up a third connection to the second to do the fxp.

EgotisticalElf

Image: Image

More Info:

Upon further investigation, it does not appear that smartftp is reserving the necessary queue threads for fxp. the fxp item is the first entry in the queue (giving it higher priority) and both the fxp & the ftp -> local item attempt to download simultaneously. (maybe smartftp sees them as two different connections?)

Also, since the second site (dest for fxp) already has its 2 threads open with downloads to local, the fxp forces it to open a 3rd connection.

My guess is that smartftp should once it sees a fxp in the queue that is next up, it needs to reserve a slot on both the download & upload server until the fxp is sent/aborted/etc.
This would pause the downloads for 1 site, and allow the downloads for the 2nd site to continue with the remaining thread.

EgotisticalElf

Is it a FXP specific problem or can you see the same misbehavior in normal (upload, download) transfers too?

We aware that the FXP algo for calculation the maximum number of threads is buggy.

no.. as far as i know, non-fxp entries run just fine.

Edit:
I just connected to the 1 connection site, queued a folder, but did not close the browser window. It immediately attempted to connect to download that folder.

EgotisticalElf