Local Browser Problem in Build 981

Prior to Build 981, SmartFTP remembered that I had two local browser windows opened and would reopen them every time I started the program. After I updated to Build 981 it only remembers one local browser window. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and rebooted, but that did not solve the problem.

I looked in the registry and found that on opening, it only reads the two entries for "Local Browser 0", ignoring the two entries for "Local Browser 1".

I hope you can fix this in the next build.
Thank you.

Hi ..

I cannot reproduce the problem you have reported with the latest developer build.

I get the problem with the dev build too. Here is the System Info (I bet this feature makes support easier.):

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows 98 SE 

Total Memory      : 65028 KB

Free Memory       :    48 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version           : 1.0.981.44

Time Stamp        : 2004-04-22 07:46:31

+- Application DLL --------------------

controls.dll      : 1.6.981.44

ftpapi.dll        : 2.0.981.44

language.dll      : 1.0.981.44

reseng.dll        : 1.3.981.44

smarthook.dll     : 

+- System DLL -------------------------

unicows.dll       : 1.0.4018.0

shell32.dll       : 4.72.3612.1700

shlwapi.dll       : 6.00.2800.1400

comctl32.dll      : 5.81

riched20.dll      : 5.30.23.1200

schannel.dll      : 5.00.1878.13

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version           : 6.0.2800.1106

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock           : 2.2

EDIT: I should also mention that the backup utility doesn't add the extension to the filename and saves it to the program directory instead of the %WindowsDir%/Personal/. When I try to restore from it after going to the SmartFTP directory and showing all files, it doesn't appear to actually restore my settings.

EDIT 2: How can I make SmartFTP remember Recent (Local) Folders?

Does the selected/openend directory in the Localbrowser affect it?
What if you open 2 Localbrowsers with the Desktop folder selected, then close SmartFTP?
Are the entries written to the registry?

-Mat

Does the selected/openend directory in the Localbrowser affect it?
The last local browser that I do something with will be the one opened when I start SmartFTP again.
What if you open 2 Localbrowsers with the Desktop folder selected, then close SmartFTP?
No change.
Are the entries written to the registry?
Yes.

I looked in the registry and found that on opening, it only reads the two entries for "Local Browser 0", ignoring the two entries for "Local Browser 1".

In the registry, Local Browser 0 is the last local browser that I did something with. It ignores the entries for Local Browser 1 and Local Browser 2.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I did some minor changes in the latest developer build. But Im pretty sure it doesnt change anything. Im not able to reproduce the problem here. Anyone else with the same problem?

Maybe its related to Windows 98 only.

-Mat

Yeah, often problems only occur for some of the versions of Windows.

What was changed between Builds 980 and 981?

Is there any chance I could get a copy of Build 980 if you can't find where the problem lies and fix it?

EDIT: Version 1.0.981.45 does not seem to fix it, but I did not reboot after installing it.

I guess that is a function in whatever programming language you guys are using?

As I stated before in this thread, I'm using Win98se.

I should explain that the backup tool found both the SmartFTP directory and the SmartFTP Data director, but in the page where you choose the file name and comment, the browse window is set to %WindowsDir%/Personal/, which I didn't bother to change and yet it saved it to the SmartFTP directory without adding the file name extension to the end.

Two other things:

Sometimes when I start SmartFTP it comes up in the same size and position that I had it previously, but it immediately goes back to the default.

When I have View --> Show Panes --> Bottom View enabled, Log doesn't show anything anymore, SmartFTP is set to Log everything, and Session Queue is just a plain grey rectangle, no text or anything.

Thank you for your assistance.