conversion of filename extensions (VMS)

Hi,

Not really a bug perhaps:

If you download a file from a VMS server SmartFTP also includes the file version number in the local filename (e.g. foo.txt;24). This does not happen if you choose "Download as". In that case the file version number is automatically removed from the suggested filename. I am not entirely sure but I think that in previous versions of SmartFTP the filename extension was also automatically removed when using the "Drag&Drop" feature.

My apologies if I overlooked some option.

cheers

martijn

I use SmartFTP to move a large number of files to and from VMS and I suffer from the problem that SmartFTP keeps the VMS file version number when downloading from VMS to Windows.
I found this old thread which suggests that the problem has been solved, but as far as I can see it remains. Or is it possible to reconfigure to get rid of the file version numbers?

I use v1.5.990.

Best regards

Per

Is there anything new to report on this issue?

I am still seeing version numbers preserved on downloads.

It would be nice to avoid having to run an external cleanup utility to remove the version numbers from the filenames. As it is, to accomplish this, I must download to a temp directory where I can rename the files, then copy them into the destination directory.

Oy.

Which version and build of SmartFTP are you using? If you are using 1.5.x like per_r it's clear that you might still see the problem, because SmartFTP 1.x is abandoned and all users are encouraged to use only 2.x builds. Please get the most recent build from my footer and try again.