Global Queue causing Runtime Error

So, I'm running an older version of SmartFTP (probably 4-5 months old at least) with a rather large global queue.

The queue has 3 different ftp sites on it, I have it set up to run one thread per site and have 3 sites total.

At the problem point, I had 2 active sites, 1 waiting (max connections) and connected to a 4th site manually (that initially had no entries in the queue).

I dropped the number of queue connections to two (so it wouldn't hit the site I was currently connected to) and dragged a few directories to the queue list. This was directly to the queue list since I had a default download dir set up.

Lo and behold, since I was dropping them to the top end of the list, when a file finished it tried to connect to the site I was on, and sat waiting to retry after it got denied with too many connections. Which was fine. I finished adding dirs to the list, closed the connection window, and went to restart the queue manually. I clicked the Stop button and got a Visual C++ Runtime Library dialog box stating:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:Program FilesSmartFTPSmartFTP.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for information.

Went to restart SmartFTP, got the same error.

Went to website, got the backup util, and did both a full backup and a data backup, then reset the settings to default, started up fine.

I have since upgraded to the latest development build, rebooted, restarted, and have isolated the problem to the file Queue.dat. If the backed up version I had is placed in C:Documents and Settings(username)Application DataSmartFTP then SmartFTP will refuse to start, with the same runtime error as above.

The Queue.dat file in question can be found here:
http://www3.telus.net/~m7551213/Queue.dat

While I'm not entirely sure if the bug is reproducable to a fix, if there's any way to get the unfiinished queue downloades back from that file I would really like to know.

Also, an odd thing, the cab file created by the backup tool has Queue.dat listed twice, and even attempts to extract both copies. They are identical files though.

Current System Info follows, I'm angry at myself for not grabbing a copy with the old version I had, but such is life I suppose...

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 

Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed         : 1830 MHz

Total Memory      : 523764 KB

Free Memory       : 238792 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version           : 1.0.981.16

Time Stamp        : 2004-02-24 05:59:38

+- Application DLL --------------------

controls.dll      : 1.6.981.16

ftpapi.dll        : 2.0.981.16

language.dll      : 1.0.981.16

reseng.dll        : 1.3.981.16

smarthook.dll     : 

+- System DLL -------------------------

shell32.dll       : 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804)

shlwapi.dll       : 6.00.2800.1400

comctl32.dll      : 6.0 (xpsp1.020828-1920)

riched20.dll      : 5.30.23.1211

schannel.dll      : 5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version           : 6.0.2800.1106

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock           : 2.2

For some reason your queue.dat file is corrupted. It has a version id of 8 where the latest known version is 5.

The latest developer build 1.0.981.17 addresses this problem and the queue file is silently backed up. All queue items will be restored till the part of the queue file which is corrupted.

Lovely, that'd be total corruption

Oh well, thanks anyway, Mat.

Lovely, that'd be total corruption
Oh well, thanks anyway, Mat.

Time to wake this thread up again.

I am having the same problem with version 2, I really wish version 1 was back
ty

Delete your queue.dat or queue.que. By default it can be found in the applicationa data folder:
C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\