ResEng.dll Strangeness

Note: This is not a bug, per-se, but it is something that doesn't really fit anywhere else. It's not a Localization Request, and it's not an enhancement...

Inside ResEng.dll, Dialog/344/1033 is the box for the Login Bar that usually sits next to the Address Bar. For some reason, no matter what you do, you cannot get it to have the same appearance as the Address Bar.

If you set Font Size 9, the font is bigger than the Address Bar.
If you set Font Size 8, the font is then tiny in the box - it shows up when you run SmartFTP.

Am I missing something? I've looked over all the dialog properties and control properties and I don't think anything's out of place. In addition, I could not find the dialog for the Address Bar in ResEng.dll. None of the Localization Projects I looked at - Deutsch and Czech had a solution for this small problem.

In any case, I do appreciate the program... Auf deustch - Wunderbar! I have attached my own version of ResEng.dll, which I'm told looks better on some systems - especially if you use Themes. Modified ResEng.dll. Feel free to use it!

Here is the lines I was talking about in Dialog 344, in case somebody can spot what I'm talking about right away.

344 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 311, 15

STYLE WS_CHILD | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_CLIPCHILDREN

CAPTION ""

LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US

FONT 8, "Tahoma"

{

CONTROL "", 104, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 26, 0, 64, 14 , 0x00000200

CONTROL "", 105, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_PASSWORD | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 131, 0, 64, 14 , 0x00000200

CONTROL "", 106, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | ES_NUMBER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 218, 0, 26, 14 , 0x00000200

CONTROL "Anonymous", 1012, BUTTON, BS_AUTOCHECKBOX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 250, 0, 53, 14 

CONTROL "Login", -1, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 23, 14 

CONTROL "Password", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 95, 0, 32, 14 

CONTROL "Port", -1, STATIC, SS_RIGHT | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 200, 0, 14, 14 

}

Thank you for posting.

This is a tiny visual issue with the way the "Address" and "Login" bar is created. The login bar is created from a dialog where the controls in "Address" bar are manually created.

We'll look into this issue and try to fix it.