SmartFTP Client 1.x - Known Issues

Windows 98/ME: MDI Remoteview system menu is not fully drawn.
  • Description: The following menu options are not fully drawn: Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize, Close.
  • Status: Unicows problem. A fix will be posted as soon as it's available.
Windows 98/ME: Browse For Folder cutted file names.
  • Description: When using the "Browse For Folder" dialog window, folder names get cut.
  • Status: Unicows problem. A fix will be posted as soon as it's available.
Windows 98/ME/2k/XP: Floppy Drive: A: is not accessible.
  • Description: The problem occurs when the "Local Browser" or "Local Folder Bar" is left open during exit.
  • Workaround: Close out the "Local Browser & Local Folder Bar" features before exiting out SmartFTP.
Windows 98/ME: Localbrowser/Local Band update problem.
  • Description: On some Windows 98/ME systems the "Localbrowser" and "Local Band" are not correctly updated.
  • Solution: Refresh the Localbrowser/Localband with the "F5" key.
Windows 98/ME: Unknown Error in Logview.
  • Description: Unknown error (eg. on Connection refused). The error text for some winsock error codes is missing on Win98/ME.
  • Solution: Upgrade to Windows 2000 or higher.
Windows 98/ME/2k/XP: Send-To Menu draw problems.
  • Description: The Send-To menu is not drawed correctly. The submenu "Send-To" in the context menu is owner drawed by the Windows Shell.
All: Incorrect/Negative "Total Size" in the "Global Queue".
  • Description: When downloading symbolic links pointing to files the size of the file is evaluated on-the-fly (SIZE command).
    This causes incorrect or negative values of the "Total Size" in the "Global Queue" once the file is removed from the queue list.
Implicit SSL via "Global Queue".
  • Description: Implicit SSL transfers for upload/download(s) are not working.
  • Status: No further enhancements are planned for the Implicit SSL method. (Explicit SSL is fully recommended).
  • Solution: Connect to the Implicit SSL enabled FTP server, and add the site to your favorites. Then add the files to the global queue and it will use the favorite item settings including the correct protocol.