locking files

after installing purchased copy SmartFTP seems to be locking local file making it un-saveable with further editing. please help this is huge hit to productivity. thanks. vigdor.

Unable to reproduce the problem. Please create a movie showing the error.

Regards,
Mat

Unable to reproduce the problem. Please create a movie showing the error.

Regards,
Mat

are you using yaldex 1st javascript?

Is the file selected in the Local Browser in SmartFTP?

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

yes

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

hey i jsut tested that yes - for sure but before i bought his wasn't a problem - what has made this crop up?

Fix is coming in the next days. Thank you for the bug report.

Please issue a fix in a nightly build real soon. I was hoping today's build would've fixed this but it wasn't included in the list. This is a pretty frustrating problem since I alt+tab between SmartFTP and my text editor many times.

vigdor: Post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I have tested it and can verify that it is working on my end. Disaster averted, thank you so much!

Hello ..

Post the system information we have requested.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Post the system information we have requested.

Regards,
Mat

sorry

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
(Build 6000)

CPU Speed : 2400 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 901 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1008.9
Time Stamp : 2007-11-11 20:16:59
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.11.6
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.4.9
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1008.9

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6000.16546

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

vigdor: We are unable to reproduce the problem. Please install the latest version (.10) and if you have time you can create a movie showing the problem. See the ReadMe in the bug report forum for details.

Regards,
Mat

vigdor: We are unable to reproduce the problem. Please install the latest version (.10) and if you have time you can create a movie showing the problem. See the ReadMe in the bug report forum for details.

Regards,
Mat

1) can you point me to the exact version i should install?

2) should i de-install first?

3) how do i fully de-install?

thanks.

svb

And please try it with notepad.exe instead of your editor.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

1. Try it with Notepad as I already mentioned in my last post.
2. Create a movie showing the problems.
3. Always post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

I have installed 1st JavaScript editor here and I noticed that the problem is with their software. They do not open the file correctly. I have already contacted them and sent them information on how to correct the problem.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

I have installed 1st JavaScript editor here and I noticed that the problem is with their software. They do not open the file correctly. I have already contacted them and sent them information on how to correct the problem.

Regards,
Mat

hey you're phenomenal - i did contact them - they never respond - and they never did anything - you really stayed with this all the way - thank you. do you personally think they will come out with a fix or do you know they are responsive to your input? thanks again.

svb

We will see what happens. In the meanwhile we are trying to find a workaround as well.

Regards,
Mat

We will see what happens. In the meanwhile we are trying to find a workaround as well.

Regards,
Mat

thanks.

I'm sorry but I'm not able to reproduce the problem anymore. I was able to do it before.

Regards,
Mat

I'm sorry but I'm not able to reproduce the problem anymore. I was able to do it before.

Regards,
Mat

is there anything i should do on the install? de-install first? don't you sleep? you're greta for all the help!

Hmm ..

Select the Local Browser window. Then go to menu: View->Panes->Preview and make sure it's not checked.

Regards,
Mat

Hmm ..

Select the Local Browser window. Then go to menu: View->Panes->Preview and make sure it's not checked.

Regards,
Mat

no it wasn't selected - folders was selected.

svb

Hmm ..

Regards,
Mat

some new info i just ran into - if the file being edited is javascript (.js) and selected in the ftp it works fine - if the selected file trying to save in the editor is html & selected in the ftp then it doesn't work.

just letting you know & thanks.

svb

btw - did you know that the locking problem is only with html - i noticed yesterday that i was able to select a .png file in ftp while the editor also has the same item - if i save in th ediot while slected - it still worked! it seems as though html extensions are the only locking problem.

some new info i just ran into - if the file being edited is javascript (.js) and selected in the ftp it works fine - if the selected file trying to save in the editor is html & selected in the ftp then it doesn't work.

just letting you know & thanks.

svb