AppCrash

I noticed that this was an issue on earlier versions. I am currently using 2.5.1006.43. I am on Vista 32 ultimate. NVidia GForce 7600. I have ZoneAlarm v7 (Vista). I also program with Adobe CS3 (Web Premium Suite). I have intermittantly had SmartFTP give the "Appcrash" "Close" dialog and have tried to narrow it down to if it had something to do with Dreamweaver or my firewall but it seemed that it would crash once then if I restarted SmartFTP it would be ok on second attempt. Now it will not start at all. I have tried fresh boot and no startup tasks running including AV firewall and any non standard services but Smarftp crashes each time I start it. I get a Visual C++ dialog notifying of abnormal termination and the Vista close dialog which presents these details:

Fault Module Name: SmartFTP.exe
Fault Module Version: 2.5.1006.43
Fault Module Timestamp: 46f885d8
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00229115
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0141
Additional Information 2: be84317e10b33c8ae8e2196a54d407de
Additional Information 3: 46a1
Additional Information 4: c5cbd91d587aa66843d99a02131a6ea4

I have used smartftp for a long time and developed confidenct that it was a robust application so I purchased a license this year. Now only to have it fail, the irony of it all . I do believe that this has worsened after the last two updates ( .37 and .43) but can not be sure of that. Thanks for your help.

Hello ..

Please submit the crash report to Microsoft. We will be able to analyze the problem with this report.

Delete the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Please submit the crash report to Microsoft. We will be able to analyze the problem with this report.

Delete the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0

Regards,
Mat

OK I deleted the registry entry and it seems to be working OK now. I have sent the info to Microsoft a couple of times when dialog comes up. Hopefully, some full resolution will be forthcoming.

Thanks for the guidance.