Favorites Bugs

I just upgraded to 5.1006 and have run into some bugs in the favorites folder. I'm running Vista and my system info is at the bottom of the email.

1) After renaming a favorite the list shows the old name. When I press F5 to refresh the entire list disappears until I go up a level and then back down to where I was.
2) When the program loads it doesn't remember where I was in my favorites. It always loads to the top level and I have to open my favorites folder.
3) I have a lot of favorites and I used to be able to press the first letter or two to jump to the favorite that I was looking for (like in Windows Explorer) and that no longer works.
4) I exported all my settings to a file via backup, took them to my laptop which is also running 5.1006 and tried to restore using the backup tool. I got to the part where I browse for the file and once the file was selected I can't click Next.

It's a bummer when the new version breaks a bunch of stuff that was working nicely before. I hope these issues can be resolved in the next build. Thanks!

David

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
(Build 6000)

CPU Speed : 2613 MHz
Total Memory : 2045 MB
Free Memory : 838 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1006.14
Time Stamp : 2007-07-31 15:30:55
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.9.26
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.2.14
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1006.14

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6000.16473

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

EDIT: and one more thing about the new version that really bugs me...when I have a bunch of tabs open, have to click each tab twice before I can close it. It's like it has to be selected before I can really click the X. That's quite annoying!

Hello David ...

>1) After renaming a favorite the list shows the old name. When I press F5 to refresh the entire list disappears until I go up a level and then back down to where I was.
>2) When the program loads it doesn't remember where I was in my favorites. It always loads to the top level and I have to open my favorites folder.
Fixed in latest version (.15):
https://www.smartftp.com/download

>3) I have a lot of favorites and I used to be able to press the first letter or two to jump to the favorite that I was looking for (like in Windows Explorer) and that no longer works.
We will look into it.

>4) I exported all my settings to a file via backup, took them to my laptop which is also running 5.1006 and tried to restore using the backup tool. I got to the part where I browse for the file and once the file was selected I can't click Next.
You can just copy&paste the favorite files (.xml) files into the Edit Favorites window.

>EDIT: and one more thing about the new version that really bugs me...when I have a bunch of tabs open, have to click each tab twice before I can close it. It's like it has to be selected before I can really click the X. That's quite annoying!
This is minor and your personal preference. The behavior in SmartFTP is the same as in IE 7 for example.

Regards,
SmartFTP

EDIT: and one more thing about the new version that really bugs me...when I have a bunch of tabs open, have to click each tab twice before I can close it. It's like it has to be selected before I can really click the X. That's quite annoying!
As a work-around, use the middle-mouse button to close a tab that's in the background.