Global Queue for All Transfers (It Cut and Paste instead of Copy)

I've been using Global Queue for all transfers. Yesterday I updated my SmartFTP version. Since then, when I drag files from FTP Server to my desktop PC and transfer, instead of copying (copy and paste), it MOVES (cut and paste) all the files from server to my PC!!

I'm running the latest version of SmartFTP but the problem still persist!

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1862 MHz
Total Memory : 502 MB
Free Memory : 143 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.0.1002.2
Time Stamp : 2007-01-23 04:21:49
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.9.5
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.0.1002.2

+- System DLL -------------------------
unicows.dll : 1.0.3626.0
shell32.dll : 6.00.2900.3051 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316)
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2900.2995 (xpsp.060913-0019)
comctl32.dll : 6.0 (xpsp.060825-0040)
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1228
schannel.dll : 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

I'm sorry but we are unable to reproduce the problem here.

Workaround: Hold the Ctrl key while you drag&drop.

Regards,
-Mat

I think I know what is the problem already. The bug that I mentioned is actually a New Feature of the latest built:

"Version 2.0 Build 1002 (22. January 2007)

Minor Changes:
- Added support for Drag&Drop move operation if the "Default Operation" option is set to "Queue"

1) Does the above mean that the latest build will make all Global Queue file transfers to be "Cut and Paste" instead of "Copy and Paste?"

2) The Cut and Paste for Global Queue transfers has become a feature of SmartFTP and it is not a bug at all.

3) Can I download the previous build 1001 so that I won't delete my files from the server when I backup my files (especially Access database file) from the server into my pc?

Hello ...

>1
Actually the default drag&drop operation should be "Copy" and not "Move". For some reason it doesn't seem to work on your system. This might be related to some shell extensions / clipboard monitor application you have installed.
Technical: What we are doing is adding the CFSTR_PREFERREDDROPEFFECT clipboard format with a data value DROPEFFECT_COPY. This will tell the drop source that we are intending to do a copy operation.

The easiest workaround is to press CTRL while you drag&drop.

>2
Yes a "Cut and Paste" will result in a "Move" operation. And "Copy and Paste" will result in a "Copy" operation.

>3
I'm sorry but we do neither provide nor support older versions of our product.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

Hello ...

>1
Actually the default drag&drop operation should be "Copy" and not "Move". For some reason it doesn't seem to work on your system. This might be related to some shell extensions / clipboard monitor application you have installed.
Technical: What we are doing is adding the CFSTR_PREFERREDDROPEFFECT clipboard format with a data value DROPEFFECT_COPY. This will tell the drop source that we are intending to do a copy operation.

The easiest workaround is to press CTRL while you drag&drop.

Hi,

I tried CTRL but it still does a Cut and Paste instead of Copy. When will the new release be to incorporate "adding the CFSTR_PREFERREDDROPEFFECT clipboard format with a data value DROPEFFECT_COPY."?

Cos now, I can't do a backup of my server Access database cos it cut instead of copy into my PC.

Thanks!

When will the new release be to incorporate "adding the CFSTR_PREFERREDDROPEFFECT clipboard format with a data value DROPEFFECT_COPY."?
As mb said, we are already doing it this way, and it works on all machines we've tested so far.

For some unknown reason the drag&drop function always returned DROPEFFECT_NONE on the user's system. I had to write a workaround which reads the actual drag&drop operation from another source. This fixed the user's problem. The bug fix is in the latest beta version .9.

Regards,
-Mat