SmartFTP has stopped working

SmartFTP has stopped working. In the log window it simply says SmartFTP v2.0.999.21. I tried re-installing it. No luck. What do I do?

I'm getting exactly the same thing, on three different machines.
I think a time-related bug just struck!

Smart-FTP guys - You may need to look into this fairly fast! :-)

Cheers

Scott

SmartFTP has stopped working. In the log window it simply says SmartFTP v2.0.999.21. I tried re-installing it. No luck. What do I do?

Hi All,

I run Smart FTP on three different systems, and ALL THREE failed working this afternoon. I think a date / time related bug may have just struck. Can someone look into it please?

All I get when I try to connect to ANY site, (including localhost on a machine that is running an FTP server) is this single line in the console:

[15:32:49] SmartFTP v2.0.999.21

That's it, nothing else at all. I can use command line FTP to get in ok, so I really think it's a problem with Smart-FTP itself.

Over to you!

Cheers

Scott

Running on Windows 2K sp4, with the SmartFTP Client 2 build .999v26, when I try to make a connection from the url bar or from file -> open remote.., the tab opens but seemingly no connection is made.

The folder tree and the file pane remain blank, the log window does not display anything aprt from the SmartFTP version.

The log does not show anything.

When trying to login today I can't login to my FTP site. It just freezes at the version number (SmartFTP v2.0.999.5) I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Quite few of my clients are experiencing the same problem, and I am able to use other FTP clients. One of my clients mentioned a Windows Update that was issued and installed last night. Anyone out there experiencing these problems?

EXACTLY the same problem here on multiple machines....
The first connection works, all others dont. Tried 999.6 and 999.26.

Also, the SmartFTP.exe process doesn't stop when exitting the program. It has to be terminated manually.

Hi,

Yep, exactly the same thing happened to me this afternoon too. From looking around the forum, I'd say every copy of Smart-FTP just stopped working!

I'm glad I'm not working in their technical support team today! :-)

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know you're not alone.

Cheers

Scott

When trying to login today I can't login to my FTP site. It just freezes at the version number (SmartFTP v2.0.999.5) I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Quite few of my clients are experiencing the same problem, and I am able to use other FTP clients. One of my clients mentioned a Windows Update that was issued and installed last night. Anyone out there experiencing these problems?

And you're the third. It's already 'discussed' here: <outdated>

same to me. its very disturbing

I've been evaluating SmartFTP for use in transfering files from one server in Florida to another in California and for the past week or so its worked great! This morning, something happened and the queue stopped transfering. I cleared the pending queue, and added the folder that I needed to transfer back. When I start the queue the item status goes to "connecting" but then does nothign else. The ftp server I am downloading from shows no connection, and the item's log is empty. Direct transfer works. I tried resinstalling SmartFTP and that did not helped. I tried loggin into a different user account, which did not help. I've also removed SmartFTP Completely and upgraded to the current beta release all with the same result. Any ideas? I can't seem to find anything simmilar on the boards. The evaluation was going so well up until now.

-Jonathan

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)

CPU Speed : 699 MHz
Total Memory : 2097151 KB
Free Memory : 2097151 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.0.999.26
Time Stamp : 2006-11-06 21:04:30
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.8.36
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.0.999.26

+- System DLL -------------------------
shell32.dll : 5.00.3900.7105
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2800.1740 (xpsp2.050831-1533)
comctl32.dll : 5.81
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1215
schannel.dll : 5.00.2195.6960

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 6.0.2800.1106

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Same here : First connexion works OK and all of the others fail.

I was so desperate that I completely uninstalled SmartFTP, deleted all related files on my HD and removed all occurences of SmartFTP in the registry. Then I made a clean reinstall of the latest version : 2.0.999.26

And the same bug occured !

VERY IMPORTANT : I noticed that when the bug happens and that I close SmartFTP, I can still it in the processes list (CTRL+ALT+DEL>Processes) which means that the application is not correctly shut down.

Yes, it happens to me and my friends also.

I hope one of the Administrator can give us a solution to our problem...

Thank you.

Yes, it happens to me and my friends also.

I hope one of the Administrator can give us a solution to our problem...

Thank you.

I just purchased the product. I'm hoping to get my licence key via email soon so I can get into premium support and get an answer to this.

-Jonathan

I just purchased the product. I'm hoping to get my licence key via email soon so I can get into premium support and get an answer to this.

-Jonathan

It would be great if an admin, or someone can give us a solution.

you too, Jmartin, if you solve this, you're welcome to help us also..

Yeah, happens to me also..

I am using the Workers
and it is stuck on "Connecting"

same here, i realy need that soft - admin, please check this out and help us how to figure it up, thanks

-Ben.

I just purchased the application... he's a repost from my public support forum post.

I've been evaluating SmartFTP for use in transfering files from one server in Florida to another in California and for the past week or so its worked great! This morning, something happened and the queue stopped transfering. I cleared the pending queue, and added the folder that I needed to transfer back. When I start the queue the item status goes to "connecting" but then does nothign else. The ftp server I am downloading from shows no connection, and the item's log is empty. Direct transfer works. I tried resinstalling SmartFTP and that did not helped. I tried loggin into a different user account, which did not help. I've also removed SmartFTP Completely and upgraded to the current beta release all with the same result. Any ideas? I can't seem to find anything simmilar on the boards. The evaluation was going so well up until now.

-Jonathan

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)

CPU Speed : 699 MHz
Total Memory : 2097151 KB
Free Memory : 2097151 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.0.999.26
Time Stamp : 2006-11-06 21:04:30
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.8.36
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.0.999.26

+- System DLL -------------------------
shell32.dll : 5.00.3900.7105
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2800.1740 (xpsp2.050831-1533)
comctl32.dll : 5.81
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1215
schannel.dll : 5.00.2195.6960

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 6.0.2800.1106

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

It looks like no one cares.....

It looks like no one cares.....

I tried uninstalling the beta version and despite smartftp.exe not running it coulden't remove a ???hook.dll file until I logged off. I was also noticed that when I close smartftp.exe (the gui) that smartftp.exe continues to run in the background (I assume with the hung queue.)

Anyhow, I rebooted the server (to clear any open file handles) and uninstalled SmartFTP. I think made sure the c:\program files\SmartFTP Client 2.0 directory was removed and scanned the registry for any outstanding .ddl pointers etc... Once I was satified the program was 100% removed I logged in as another user with administrative privledges, and deleted my user account's profile. I then logged in, installed SmartFTP Client 2.0.997.4 and the queue is working properly now. I'm going to wait until support replies before I do anything else. As of right now, I'm setting the schedule up to continue the transfer over the weekend.

-Jonathan

Hi all thx by the reports, the bug must be fixed now, download the last build (2.0.1000.0) from my signature.

Hello ....

The bug has been fixed in the latest version. Please get it from
https://www.smartftp.com/download

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
-Mat

Thanks for the quick fix
But is it possible to know what caused the bug ?

When I try downloading my queue (moving about 10 files from the same server) at the same time, only one transfers at a time even though I have 15 Worker Threads set. It seems to want down download one at a time instead of multiple threads at once.

Any ideas?

Hi, update to the last build of my signature.

Hi, update to the build of my signature.

Hello ...

The SmartFTP FTP Library (sfFTPLib.dll) verifies the SmartFTP.exe (signature check) after 30 days. There was a bug in the verification that caused it to fail all the time.

Regards,
-Mat

I have already downloaded the latest version. When mutiple files are queued (as the tutorial says), and Max Workers are bumped up, only one transfer occurs at a time. The rest of the files say "Connecting". Even when the first file finishes, the others do not start.

I know it's not a problem with the FTP server because I did try another multithreaded client and it worked fine.

Please follow our instructions. Update to the latest version.
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If you keep having problems after the update please read how to write a proper bug report.

Regards,
SmartFTP

THANK YOU it is now working!

Thanks for the fix - what a relief!

ver 2.0.1000 appears to have fixed my issue.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick fix
But is it possible to know what caused the bug ?

quick???

Every month i have this problem, always download the new version an install it.

Thats boring.

KoenigDickBauch:
If you are using Windows 9x then the problem is related to the OS and the fact that Microsoft doesn't provide updates and hotfixes for this operating system. If you use Windows XP or higher you should not have the problem you described.

Regards,
-Mat

v2.0.1000 is active on mine now but I still get this:

[22:33:50] SmartFTP v2.0.1000.3
[22:33:50] Resolving host name "ftp@*******.com"
[22:33:50] Connecting to XXX.XX.XX.XX Port: 21
[22:33:50] Connected to ftp@********.com.
[22:33:51] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[22:33:51] Server closed connection
[22:33:51] Cannot login waiting to retr

Help - About tells me that I'm at day 43 of my 30 days but I've paid TWICE and entered the license by file and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? I've shut down, restarted and still the same.

Hello ..

Please contact your webhosting provider for the correct host, username and password information.
ftp@*******.com is certainly not a correct hostname. (I'm referring to the @)

Regards,
-Mat