When minimized or minimized to tray SmartFTP uses only 2 workers

I'm using v2.0.998.11.

When using Global Queue, if you set i.e. 6 download workers and keep SmartFTP in the foreground everything works as expected, if you minimize or minimize SmartFTP to tray SmartFTP uses only 2 workers.

I'm using Windows 2003 Standard and in both situations Windows processor scheduling is set to "background services".

What exactly do you mean? And how did you verify that SmartFTP only uses 2 workers/threads while minimized?

Regards,
-Mat

Does it change anything if you set the "Processor scheduling" setting to to "Programs" instead of "Background services"?.

Regards,
-Mat

I'll try and see. However this server has always been configured for "background services" and SmartFTP didn't perform this way. I'm not sure about this but I think that this behaviour change has been introduced in versions 2.0.998.

OK, I made the change and noticed some really weird behaviours.

I use SmartFTP with a "transfer queue" height of 9 rows. With the "processor scheduling" set to "programs" if I put the window focus in SmartFTP I get the processing rate of 350 files/minute whereas if I put the window focus in any other thing (i.e. taskbar, task manager, windows wallpaper/desktop, notepad, ...) I get the processing rate of 1200 files/minute. I don't need to minimize SmartFTP to make this happen. As soon as SmartFTP has no focus the processing rate changes!

I also noticed other thing. If I change the height of the "transfer queue" to 22 rows and take the window focus from SmartFTP I get a processing rate of 1400 files/minute whereas if I change the height of the "transfer queue" to 4 rows I get a processing rate of 350 files/minute.

I have tested using only 2 workers and take the window focus from SmartFTP to get the maximum performance and I got a processing rate of 350 files/minute whereas 1 worker achieves 175 files/minute. I think this is enough to verify how many workers/threads are being used.

I forgot to tell you that this behaviour happens when you are using SmartFTP through Remote Desktop. I'm sorry for that. :|

Hello ..

Does it make any difference if you close the "Transfer Queue" pane?

Regards,
-Mat

I can't tell you anymore. I installed the latest v2.0.998.17 and everything is back to normal...