Build v2.0.993

When I drag the files into Temporary Queue from the remote server, it's ok.

But when I drag the files from the Temporary Queue to the Local Browser, the files are not placed into Transfer Queue. I tried to drag to the Local Browser again but the cursor over the Local Browser became an "X".

So I can't transfer from the Temporary Queue to the Local Browser at all.

Confirmed in .12, remote files that have been added to the temporary queue cannot be dragged & dropped to the Local Browser / Windows Explorer. As a work-around, right-click the file and choose "Local ..." from the pop-up menu to specify a destination.

Bug resolved in v2.0.993.13

Wonderful! Thanks!

Another bug.

When I drag the files into Transfer Queue from the remote server, it's ok.

But when I drag the files from the Transfer Queue to the Local Browser, it's ok. But when I try to start the transfer, nothing happens.

So I can't transfer from the Transfer Queue to the Local Browser when the files are first dragged from the remote server into Transfer Queue.

Please install the latest beta (.18) and try again.
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If it doesn't work please be more specific about the transfers not starting. e.g. provide a log etc.
Thanks
-Mat

Hi,

It's ok now with the Beta.

I have a request, a long time wish. Is that can you make the default tab to be at Temporary Queue instead of the Transfer Queue because most of the time, files should be (or am I wrong?) dragged to the Temporary Queue first?

Thanks!

Well, I would say you are wrong, but it heavily depends on what kind of work you have to do with SmartFTP. In my case, I usually only transfer files from a single remote source to a single local destination. In this scenario it is superfluous to use the Temporary Queue. In fact I do not drag & drop to any of the queue tabs at all. Instead I have configured SmartFTP to use the Global Queue for all transfers, and I directly drag & drop from the remote view to the Local Browser or Windows Explorer.

Moreover, I do not really see an advantage in making the Temporary Queue the default tab. If it is not visible, you can still drag its tab and it will become visible shortly after.

Instead I have configured SmartFTP to use the Global Queue for all transfers

If I'm not wrong (do correct me otherwise), if you use Global Queue for all transfers, if you're transferring it to an empty folder, it's fine. I like to use Queue very much too. However, if you're transferring to an existing folder with the same filenames, I realise that (correct me if I'm wrong) it doesn't override the existing file with the new file. There is no option for all Replace, Cancel... the default is Skip. So Global Queue is only good for first time transfer and not to backup to an existing folder cos it doesn't replace the existing / older file. (Do teach me if I can specify All Replace for Global Queue transfers to Local Folder).

I feel that the default tab should be at Temporary Queue instead of the Transfer Queue because even if you drag to the Transfer Queue first, it'll disappear and placed into the Temporary Queue automatically as well. So why use Transfer Queue as the default tab? I have to click back at the Temporary Queue also even if I drag to the Transfer Queue first. It's an additional click and people might wonder where has the file gone to because it disappears quietly into the Temporary Queue and when I used SmartFTP for the first time a few years back, I thought where it had gone. :-)

Pat

(Do teach me if I can specify All Replace for Global Queue transfers to Local Folder).

You really should go through *all* of SmartFTP's settings to see how powerful it is. All your needs can the adjusted in the settings at "Transfer" -> "File Exist".

It's an additional click and people might wonder where has the file gone to because it disappears quietly into the Temporary Queue and when I used SmartFTP for the first time a few years back, I thought where it had gone.

If you did it the way I've described above there would not be an additional click ...

In fact I do not drag & drop to any of the queue tabs at all. Instead I have configured SmartFTP to use the Global Queue for all transfers, and I directly drag & drop from the remote view to the Local Browser or Windows Explorer.

Where did you enable this? I can't find it in the Settings menu.

Thanks! :-)

Under "General" -> "Navigation" ... set the drop-down boxes to "Queue - Global - Default" and "Queue".

Hi,

Wonderful! Thanks!

Pat