Login name

I used the smartftp 1.5.991.24 for personal,
and the server was G6 3.7.24 for personal.
THe OS was WinXP

But I cann't use the Chinese username to login.
Smartftp give me this message
530 Logon failure 

530 errors come from the FTP server. The server is rejecting the username/password you entered. The reasons could be an incorrect username/password combination or your account got disabled. Double check your username/password (e.g. is Caps Lock disabled?). If you are still experiencing problems contact the administrator of the FTP server. The FTP server is usually owned by a web hosting company (e.g. Yahoo, 1&1, etc). Contact the technical support of this company for assistance. 

But I tried to use other ftp clients like flashfxp and ftprush.It works at any times when I want to login.

I saw the unkown words at G6 ftpserver's Activity when I used the Chinese username with Smartftp.

EDIT: And I tried smartftp 2.0.992.20(Beta). It worked at first login,and the others failed(I knew the rules,This line just be a ref.)

Non ASCII characters are not allowed for the username and password (See RFC). In case it works, it's pure luck. Our tests showed that Unicode username/password do not work with any FTP client/FTP server combination we tested.
Conclusion:
It's no bug, it's a limitation in the FTP protocol.

-Mat