"pressing down" or "moving down" in list

When I press down or move down in any list, SmartFTP either opens the folder (if I am browsing folders) or goes into the menu item (if I am browsing settings, etc.) It does not allow me to browse the folders or list items by pressing the up and down arrows.

For example, if I am browsing a list of folders, when I press down it moves down but then opens the folder I am on. When I hold the "down arrow" key, it continually goes deeper and deeper into the folder structure.

Another example, when I go to "tools", "options", and hold the arrow key down to scroll through the list of options quickly, it will eventually enter into the settings and, if it hits a list box, start to change settings. Do this a few times to see what I mean.

This is a huge problem for me as I use the keyboard extensively, and avoid using the mouse whenever possible.

Is it just on my end, or is this a design flaw?

Hello ...

>Arrow key problem in Settings dialog
Yes, confirmed. It's already fixed in v2 which will be available soon.

Other than that I can't find the problem you described in the list control(s). Where exactly do you see it? Remote Browser? Local Browser?

Regards,
-Mat

I saw it in both local and remote browsers.

I eventually found a setting to turn off the automatic opening of each folder, but it would still get stuck on hidden folders like "System Volume Information" because (I assume) it could not read them.

I feel that they browsing should exactly mimic the browsing experience within Windows. Anything even slightly different is bothersome to brand new users like myself!

Hello ..

I know what you mean know. The behavior you described happens in the Tree controls. I will see that we can mimic it the same way as the windows explorer. In case you want to spend some time to speed up the process, any information you can find on the internet how this can be implemented would be helpful.
Thanks
-Mat
SmartFTP

I'm glad you understand what I was getting at. I would love to help more but I am heavily involved in my own project, and not nearly knowledgeable in Windows GUI programming to do so anyway. Good luck, it appears you are doing very well so far. From the looks of your popularity, I cannot believe I only first heard of SmartFTP today!

Hello ..

I've just finished the implementation in both tree controls (Local Browser and Remote Browser) in version 2.0. Expect the first beta version released this week.
There are no plans to back port it to 1.0 though.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP