drag drop upload from external explorer window

I've been able to just drag files to and from a regular explorer window and have them uploaded or downloaded there.
For some reason it stopped letting me upload by dragging a file from a regular explorer window.
I can open a 'Local Browser' and drag from there to upload just fine.

When I try to drag from a explorer window the file drags as it should. Then when it's over the window I want to upload it to the little '+' symbol appears, then I let go and... nothing. The log window shows nothing and nothing uploads. If I try to drag a file to the "queue source" or "global queue" windows I get that same '+' symbol, but it doesn't drop the file into the window. I didn't mess with any of the settings that I know of. If someone have a solution please help.

BTW, I tried un/reinstalling it, nogo.

-0Adam

I actually tried that about 10min after my post here.... no change.

OTOH "view" doesn't work on the beta copy. "edit" does. just a fyi.

-0Adam

Hello ..

Both View and Edit work fine here as well. Please post the "System Information" you can find in the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Thanks
-Mat

my bad, the view is working now, it wasn't with my last post though. I haven't closed smartFTP since then either. Been working on my website.
Here's my [[[SYSINFO][/SYSINFO]][/[SYSINFO][/SYSINFO]]][/[[SYSINFO][/SYSINFO]][/[SYSINFO][/SYSINFO]]]:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2083 MHz
Total Memory : 1048084 KB
Free Memory : 625288 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 1.5.991.18
Time Stamp : 2005-11-26 00:56:02

+- Application DLL --------------------
Controls.dll : 1.6.991.18
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.7.4
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 1.5.991.18

+- System DLL -------------------------
shell32.dll : 6.00.2900.2763 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050922-1642)
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2900.2753 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050902-1326)
comctl32.dll : 6.0 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1221
schannel.dll : 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 6.0.2900.2180

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

The problem stayed when I uninstalled and reinstalled it. The items in the address drop down stayed as well. I manually had gone to the program files dir and deleted the smartFTP folder. Are there any particular registry entries I could try deleting and then reinstalling it?

thanks
-0Adam

Okay .. Installing the new version over an existing one is fine. There is no need to delete the settings/data files.

Regarding the drag&drop problem you see, I think we have to wait for reports from other testers as I can't see any problems here.

-Mat

Ok, I hope someone else gets the problem. It wasn't just with the dev version.

Though, while I have your ear, tiny suggestion
Right now when I go to 'edit' file and have it set to auto upload on change, it brings SmartFTP to the front, kind of annoying. Alternative solution: perhaps making its taskbar icon blink orange 3-4 couple times to let us know it uploaded...

Thanks,
-0Adam

@phazei: Is it possible that you are using the global queue for drag & drop uploads (Tools -> Settings, General -> Navigation) and forgot to press F5 to refresh the remote view after an upload? And the direct tranfers log will of course be empty when you upload via global queue.

Well, just to update the problem, for anyone else who might have it...

It seems like its a problem with explorer. It turns out I randomly can't drag and drop half the time. I stopped all loading programs in msconfig and scanned system for any bugs and got no results. The problem extends itself to not only explorer but all programs that use the drag and drop. I can't even drag a file out of a rar that's open. I have to click extract and manually type a location. I've scoured support.microsoft.com and can't find an explanation.... It's been 2 years since I've done a reinstall on windows... I guess it's inevitable.

-0Adam