Runtime error: client crashes when Global Q finishes

Hello ..

Please provide information how to reproduce it. Delete you delete your queue file before your tests?

Thank you.
-Mat

I've deleted the entire folder that's specified as Application Data Folder and Favorites Folder in the general settings.

I really can't say much about how to reproduce this error since it's very simple: it happens every time the global queue finishes. If you ask for a specific URL for which this happens, I can give you none because it happens with every d/l.

Now I'll try to do a complete un-&reinstall to see if it helps.

BTW I noticed that ignoring the error message box let's me use SmartFTP without any problems, it crashes only if the OK button is pressed.

I uninstalled SmartFTP client, deleted the remaining (and probably harmless) HKLM/Software/SmartFTP key, installed the 1.5.991.15 dev version, settings untouched. Added this file to the global queue: ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/datfiles/english/readme.txt with default download destination. Set 'On Queue Complete' to 'Stop Queue'. As the download finished, the error appeared. With the 'Idle' action it didn't appear.

Are there perhaps any services required for the q complete actions? My Task Scheduler is active. There were no entries in the event log regarding this error. Would a mem dump help you (I noticed a MINIDUMP folder but that was a long time ago), if so how can I produce it?

Reverted to previous stable version 1.5.990, problem disappeared.

It was quite silly of me but I forgot to backup my favorites.dat prior to upgrading and now 990 can't read it. Guess I'll have to stick with 991.

You can export your 991 favs to txt, downgrade to 990 and import the txt, but fixing a bug is a priority.

Hello ..

An automatic backup of the favorites is created when upgrading. You need to rename the correct Favorites.xxxx.dat file in your application data folder to Favorites.dat.

BTW: The bug you reported has been fixed in the latest beta build if you want to give it another try.

Regards,
-Mat

The issue seems to be gone in the 991.18 dev build. Thanks!