Simultaneous Connections

I'm trying to figure out how I can have up to appx three connections for one website so I can upload/download several files at the same time.

For Example:

Say I have 3 folders and each folder has 5 files in them. I'd like SmartFTP to connect to the server 3 times, download 1 file per connection.

Since I have broadband, the speed I have can be used more efficiently this way since they're all relatively small files, and my job can get done faster vs. connecting once, getting a file, disconnecting, connecting again, getting another file, etc.

Any suggestions?

Hi, try ussing global queue, it allows all your needed.

Is there a way to automatically use global queue instead of dragging/dropping files into it?

You can choice the default mode operation at Settings->General->Navigation->Default Drag&Drop Operation, or you can drag and drop with right clicl.

@Gothique: Please remove the big image from your footer to keep the forum browsable for modem / low-bandwith users.

I don't mean to make enemies or start trouble -- nor do I wish to argue ... However, I've seen, even in this thread, replies with animated GIFs that are 40KB in size.

My signatures are 16.6KB, 9.53KB, 8.95KB, 8.54KB, 18.1KB and 25.9KB -- these are all far smaller by twice the size or more than other images.

It's your site, run it how you want ... but if a person makes a request like yours, please ensure it's directed to other violators in the same thread.

I will remove them, that isn't the issue ... I have zero issue with compliance ... my issue is equal treatment.

Thank you!

Yeah, you're right, Aokromes could really get rid of his animated GIFs in his footer, too <wink> ;-) Or at least recompress them to MNG or something ... then on the other hand it was not only the filesize but the pixel dimensions of your footer image that was disturbing.

Anyways, thanks for removing the image.