A few simple questions

1.* How do I set the default server-side path and default browser-side path?

I have to browse for them each time I load it up.

2.* How do I set it to automatically overwrite existing files on all transfers?

1. Create a favorite for that site and adjust its settings (General / Local).
2. Adjust the Transfer -> Files settings in either the favorite or the global settings.

How do I set Smart FTP to automatically connect to a chosen favorite when it starts up?

Get the most recent developer version from my footer, make sure "Automatically Save Workspace on Exit" is selected in the Interface Settings, then connect to the sites you want SmartFTP to connect to at startup, and exit SmartFTP. You can manage workspaces under Windows -> Workspace.

I downloaded the developer version

I can't find a setting for automatically save workspace on exit within the interface subcategory in settings.

secondly, I am looking for a way that it will automatically connect to the server when its started up.

Thirdly, the favorites are all different folders on the same hosting provider so that they all have the same label name (my host) and the difference between them from a selection standpoint is nil.

I can't find a setting for automatically save workspace on exit within the interface subcategory in settings.
There it is:

<Screenshot deleted, as issue is resolved>

secondly, I am looking for a way that it will automatically connect to the server when its started up.
As I said in my previous post, this is done via workspace saving. If you have chosen to save the workspace on exit, just connect to the favorite SmartFTP should connect to when starting up, and exit SmartFTP. The next time you start SmartFTP, it will automatically connect to the favorite site you were connected to when you exited SmartFTP. There is no other way to archieve that.

Thirdly, the favorites are all different folders on the same hosting provider so that they all have the same label name (my host) and the difference between them from a selection standpoint is nil.
Why don't you just give them different names, e.g. "myhost (folder a)", "myhost (folder B)" etc.?

Oh, the problem is that I don't have that section. I downloaded from the link in your signature, NSI over MSI, and I thought that was the developer version.

You need to download this version here:
https://www.smartftp.com/download
(which is the same as the "beta version" in my footer).

EDIT: I've changed my footer a little bit to make it hopefully easier to understand that by "latest version" we always mean the latest developer build (=beta version), not the latest stable build.

Thank you, it's all figured out