Login connection

I'm having the following log in error when connecting.

Smart-FTP v1.5.990.26
Resolving host name "iis.aceonline.com.au"
Connecting to 202.0.184.7 Port: 21
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Cannot log in waiting to retry (30s)...
Client closed the connection.
Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58

I am using XP Pro with McAfee Internet Security (latest Version).
I've followed the '058' Help file and checked that Windows Firewall is Off and that McAfee allows full access to Smart-FTP through Broadband.
I'm trying to upload to a server on behalf of someone else who has given me the details for logging in.
Any clear thoughts and direction on this problem will stop any more hair from coming out
Cheers

Those firewalls tend to cause problems even if they are (seemingly) correctly configured. Please try to turn it off *completely* and try if SmartFTP works then. If yes, it's obvious that you need to tweak McAfee; please search the forum for more details.

I have tried everything, suggested. I disabled the McAfee Virus scan, Firewall, Privacy Service and Spamkiller but still no luck. I'm beginning to think of uninstalling the program.
Can anyone shed light on this problem?

This is the log

SmartFTP v1.5.990.26
Connected to iis.aceonline.com.au.
Timeout (440s).
Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
Client closed the connection.
Cannot login waiting to retry (10s)...
Continue to login attempt 2...
Connected to iis.aceonline.com.au.

I can't think of anything else.

I just tried it, it works fine for me. It probably just is / was a server issue. Please try again across several days.

Thanks for that, I will keep trying, but it does get awfully frustrating.

You can of course try e.g. the Windows command line FTP client and see if it works to rule out a few other causes of the error.

The cause has been found finally.
I have discovered that I can't log in through my PC that shares the Internet through the Main PC connected by a network crossover cable.
It doesn't stop there. Even after disabling all of the McAfee services and the Windows Firewall (found through Control Panel) on the Main PC the only way I can log in through it is to go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/ Services, then find Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and get that particular function to stop, by highlighting it and then Right click to open up the alternate menu