first timer - help!

I have just purchased a domain and plan to write the web pages myself. I haven't done this before and am coming across a few stumbling blocks to say the least!

I am trying to transfer a page to my web site using Smart FTP and can get my file into the transfer queue yet nothing more happens! It is connected OK as far as I am aware, just the destination, speed etc all remain blank.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sarah,

I'm in much the same boat as you and am depressed to see that the topics with the most answers are about higher level technical stuff and those in the know seem unwilling to impart their knowledge to "newbies".

However, I'm not going to let this go and will keep on battering a couple of people I know until I get a sensible, non-technobabble answer.

When I do, I'll try to answer you as best I can and maybe put up a separate step-by-step entry on this forum.

Sorry I can't help just yet, but watch this space - you never know, it might embarass one of the loftier denizens to come down to our level for a while!

Andy

Yes I have looked at the how to videos and am seemingly doing everything right. Still no joy.

Thanks Andy for joining in!

Any other suggestions? :?