Faulty install

We have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Originally, when we tried to connect we got the error message: Failed to create sfFTPLib::FTPConnection hr=80040154. After the third or fourth reinstall, after sending an error log, we got the additional error message (the last three reinstall): There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. This message has been consistent the past several download and reinstall attempts. This is version 1.5.988.37. Download size is 2.61MB. The system is Win2K with Office 2000 and using the Mozilla suite on the 'net (browser and e-mail). We are running a Monowall firewall with zonealarm and McAfee anti-virus on this specific computer.

Try to install it from the following package:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If you still get the
Failed to create sfFTPLib::FTPConnection error, then go to the command prompt and register the sfFTPLib.dll by typing the following command:
regsvr32.exe sfFTPLib.dll

Regards,
-Mat

Upon copying and pasting your suggested registration we get: LoadLibrary("sfFTPLib.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found. As the second error message suggests, a program run as a part of the install is not finishing. Apparently, this includes the sfFTPLib.dll. Any further suggestions? In the meantime, I have learned we are using an older version of Zonealarm. so I will try removing Smartftp, downloading again and reinstalling with ZoneAlarm and McAfee disabled.

After many installs/removals/reinstalls, I removed SmartFTP and the download, logged on as administrator and downloaded and installed SmartFTP again. This time, prior to trying to run the program, I closed it, opened Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs and clicked change. This took me back to a SmartFTP dialog box allowing me the choice of "Repair". I clicked this and found that the Registration file was not functioning. I clicked it, allowed the program to repair it and exited. Upon opening SmartFTP we were able to, for the first time, use it to connect via ftp. BTW, at no time were we able to successfully run registration of thesfFTPLib.dll. In one instance, looking into the SmartFTP folder showed no files, although the file size in add/remove programs still showed a file size of (I believe) 6.41MB. Bottom line, what got it to run was going to add/remove programs and asking to change the program, which took us to the SmartFTP install window which, in this instance, had a "Repair" option that, upon validating the program found it was not registered and got us up and running. I hope this may be of help to someone else. JK-