Could not access network location:.

I downloaded, installed and used this program yesterday with no problems. But, today, when I try to start it, is says "could not access network location:."

I have tried uninstalling, but I can't do that either, because I get the same error. I tried downloading the NSI version, but as soon as it tries to install, I get the same message. I have no choices with the message but "retry" or "cancel". Retry does nothing, of course. If I cancel, I cancel the install or removal. What do I do??

The NSI and the MSI are using two total different setup technologies.

Try to download this setup:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

and try again.

-Mat

I tired that, and it made another installation of the application. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 with all critical updates. I went to remove one of the applications using the Add/Remove programs utility, and was able to remove the latest installation, but still can't do anything with the original installation. It worked yesterday. When I click on repair, it says "The file c:......SmartFTP.msi is not a valid installation package for the product SmartFTP Client. Try to find the installation package ' ' in a folder from which you can install Smart FTP Client. I can't find a file ' ' of course.

Use the NSI setup as suggested in my last reply.

If you have any problems please post screenshots instead of incompete error messages.

Thanks
-Mat

I am trying to remove the bad installation from my computer. The only thing incomplete is the full path to the file ' ' which I didn't think was necessary. If you can tell me how to post a screen shot on here, I will. I have it as a jpg file. Unfortunately, I can't upload it to my website, since I don't have FTP access.

OK, since this site does not support image hosting, I can't upload the screen shots. Can anyone tell me how to manually remove this from my computer? I tried the "Click here for support" link, and tried to repair, but it is still looking for a file named " " (this is a blank file name). Since there is none, I can't continue with the repair. When I try the Change or Remove buttons from XP's Add or Remove Programs, it says "Could not access network location:. " Right now, all I want to do is completely uninstall this so I can start over. I tried reinstalling, and when I use SFTPMSI.exe, it can't finish because I get the same error message "Could not access network location:. " When I use SFTNSI.exe it makes a second SmartFTP installation. It does not overwrite the bad installation. How can I remove the bad installation??

Thanks for the site. Here is the screen shot requested. Hopefully it will work.

Image[/img][/url]

Thank You. I followed your link to the CleanUp Utility, and that removed the old SmartFTP install. I then used the NSI install as recommended and all is Good!