New User help

I am attempting to publish a webpage for the first time and need some simple instructions. Do i simply connect via Smartftp(which i am able to do already) and transfer the appropriate webpage files I have(produced on frontpage), into the public_html folder and then from that point, I will be able to see my webpage on the world wide web?

If this is not the case, can you provide me with what else I will need to do in order for my webpages to be available on the world wide web?!

I have attempted to clarify this via the guides provided but am struggling to find them user friendly for the less technical like myself so i would appreciate some simple instructions that a simpleton like myself would understand.

Thanks

Thanks

Hey Bezza,

i am in a similar situation to you, having little experience with uploading pages to a hosted server. Yesterday i uploaded a simple page with one .jpg for the title image, and it didn't appear straight away so i thought possibly i had done something wrong. Having just checked, the site is being displayed correctly now, so it seems there was just a little delay. Just make sure that all pages and images are in the same folder, and i think it should work. Good luck.

Dave.