I can't connect

Hi I am new to smartftp (I was using ftp-explorer before).

I am unable to connect to my host ftp://pcftp.liv.ac.uk . I need login and password to get access but if I use the bar, it says it gets ignored.
So i tried ftp://login:password@pcftp.liv.ac.uk/
That didn't work either... . Leaving out ftp:// didn't help either

Does anyone know how I could login?

Thanks thomas

Hi Thomas. For this to be a support board, there sure isn't much support. I see many people's post going without any help. Anyway, I am new to ftp and I know your frustration. I have yahoo and this is what I learned:

Your web host will provide the ftp server address. For yahoo it was: ftp.p4.webhosting.yahoo.com. I put that in the "your server" bar. Then, in the user id section, put whatever your user name is, along with your site name. For example...thomas@greatartist.com...then in the password bar, just put the password that you use with your web host. I hope this helps. Sure would be nice if there was more support here. Good luck.

You just couldn't get through posting the entire response, without some kind of nasty remark, could you? I'm assuming that nastiness is just part of your personality, as I see it across the board. Believe me, a "dime" is but a pittance. I could buy 1,000 licenses, and then some, today, if I chose to. It's people like you who make people give up trying to get the support that they need. I will find it elsewhere.

Let me also state that I had no idea that I needed to purchase a license, in order to get support. I am new to all of this. You have no idea as to whether I was "willing" to spend a dime or not. You don't know me. You just jump at the chance to make nasty remarks to people, whenever you get the chance. For that...I am sorry.

Whatever. Back on topic:

@Gelada:
Just enter "pcftp.liv.ac.uk" (no ftp://, username or password) into the URL field of the address bar. Then enter your username and password at the login / password edit fields, make sure port is 21 and "Anonymous" unchecked (else you won't be able to enter login / password anyways).