uploading to my website... ftp, server or "me" pro

Hi!

I have been very naughty and not updated my webpage for about 18 months... in that time, we have had to update Smart FTP several times and blah blah blah.

My main problem is that I have NO idea anymore (hey, I knew once.... back in the days when i was beginning to grasp html...!!!!) how to upload using that program.

we use Penguin uk hosting and have ftp.pcs-net.co.uk/ as the upload to address, then my user name which of course I know, and password... but it is denying access.....

my husbands user name and password are stored in there anyway... he also has a website from penguin, so the ftp details should be correct..... and even then, with the user name and password there automatically, it will not let him connect....

is this something WE are doing wrong? I mean, is the ftp.pcs-net.co.uk/ correct? (also tried it as ftp.penguin-uk.com to no avail) or is there something else with smart ftp that we have overlooked?

Any advice would be very appreciated... this has been cross posted at the pcs forum!