HELP PLEASE HURRY.. I cann't connect

my website must be built in these few days, but I can't connect.
I'm using smart FTP v1.5
I put the address, username and password when I click on connect, I get this message after trying to connect:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

please tell me what to do. :cry:
thanks

Hi,
Please, post the full log.

This answer is often due to a bad address: there is no FTP server to contact on these address. It can also be a problem with your firewall.

Olivier

SmartFTP v1.5.990.2
Resolving host name "ftp.14us.avidao.com"
Connecting to 69.25.58.50 Port: 21
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Client closed the connection.
Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

I turned windows firewall off, but I got nothing

Hi,

Do you have the same problem with other FTP server (try ftp://ftp.netscape.com/)? Are you directly connected to Internet or do you use a router? Do you have the same problem with other FTP program?

Try the 'ftp.exe' program which comes with Windows:
- Open the command line (Start>Programs>Accessories)
- Type
ftp ftp.netscape.com
- And press 'enter'
The program must ask you for a username.

Olivier

hi,

well yes I have the same problem with other servers. I don't what "router"
means! but I know that I get my line from internet provider in my country, so they give me proxy address and port, username and password.

I didn't try other ftp programs but when I tried the windows ftp, as you told me to do, I got this line:

unknown error number

so please HELP

I tried to use dreamweaver ftp, but I got this message:

an ftp error occurred - cannot make connection to host.
dreamweaver could not connect because the server is down or not accepting connection.

and on the title bar it was written: server is not responding

and when I changed the web server address to another one, I had the same message.

for the last post:
I don't use netscape, but I wrote the code you gave me, but when I had nothing, I wrote the address of the ftp address for my website, so at that time I got the connecting error.

please help! :roll:
thanks

Hi,

In SmartFTP, did you set the proxy information? ("Tools">"Settings">"Connection">"Proxy")

Olivier

I put proxy settings, and I got this:

SmartFTP v1.5.990.2
Resolving host name "ftp.14us.avidao.com"
Proxy: Resolving host name proxy.scs-net.org
Connecting to 69.25.58.50 Port: 21
Proxy: Connecting to HTTP proxy server proxy.scs-net.org Port: 8080
Proxy: Connected to proxy server. Sending connection request.
Proxy: Request failed. HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Client closed the connection.
Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

Hi,

The proxy proxy.scs-net.org seems to be a very restrictive proxy. Some users reports this proxy allows only HTTP... Ask your ISP if you can use it for FTP. If not, you can't use SmartFTP.

Olivier