Can't log in.. Issue with password.. (ignoring my password

I have used SmartFTP before- but on my new computer I get an error when trying to log in saying:
"When using an URL in the address bar, the login and password input boxes are ignored"

How do I set it so it DOES NOT ignore the login and password? These fields are required!!
and no- I do not have it set to Anonymous

whats going on?.. :?

This happens when you encode the username & password into the FTP URL itself, as in ftp://username:password@ftp.site.com/. If you enter such an URL into the address field, it overrides the username & password entered in the address bar. This is what the notice is about. So either encode you username & password into the URL as shown above, or just use "ftp.site.com" in the address field and enter your username & password into the address bar as before.

Hi,

This is not a bug. "ftp://my.ftp.com/" means :

Host : my.ftp.com
User : anonymous
Pass : email adress defined in "Settings"

Olivier

Hi,

This is not a bug. "ftp://my.ftp.com/" means :

Host : my.ftp.com
User : anonymous
Pass : email adress defined in "Settings"

Olivier
why does it bypass the username/password I set?...

I dont think you understand the situation.. I setup my FTP exactly the same as on my old computer- only this type (maybe a newer version) it didn't work

See my comment at https://www.smartftp.com/forums/logging- ... t9453.html for an explanation why the "ftp://" prefix triggers an anonymous login. As an easy rule: Never use the "ftp://" prefix unless you also encode a username and / or password in the URL.